ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I've been on 1500 mg Metformin a day for nearly a year. The only time I've ever had issues with it was when I ate high carbs. Now that I don't consume as much carbs, I have no issues. I think I will stay on Metformin even when I lower my HbA1C into the healthy, non-diabetic range because of the PCOS.
Yes PCOS is seen as an insulin resistance side effect. Metformin is good for IR..

Major Buckmaster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Stuff
Probably because your never had to look round for a toilet every time you go to a restaurant I had to now will I go back on Metformin good luck to everyone who are on the devil drug

excuse me but you have no idea what I’ve been through with it. I was on the normal one and I also have ulcerative colitis so had an absolute miserable time on it.

I’m on the slow release and I’m fine.

hooha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
long queues.
I found this video on the internet. I hope those who want to remain on Metformin with low HbA1c levels have considered the points mentioned in it.
Metformin - The Case of Exaggerating Both Benefits and Harms :
This is a little old (2015), looks at the harm of High Glucose rather than High Insulin and just looks at drug control of T2D,
but it may educate/surprise people.
THIS is a super presentation. It is hard to find any criticism of Metformin, but this does the job . The risks are explained clearly and the benefits put into perspective . When my GP talked about medications and I talked about putting the db into remission, this video came to my rescue. I take no meds, just used the Newcastle method, and the Low Carb method to reverse the type 2

ZESTRIL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
excuse me but you have no idea what I’ve been through with it. I was on the normal one and I also have ulcerative colitis so had an absolute miserable time on it.

I’m on the slow release and I’m fine.
I was on the slow release Metformin they are just like original metformin to me still had my diarrhoea with them I will never go back on them I'm sorry I don't know what you went through but did you ever worked away from a office like me my office was a van traveling all over the country so I hope you understand what I had to put up with with no toilet to go to now I've just started a lowe carb diet I'm hoping to give up most of medication I've cut my insulin down from 22 two ten twice a day I've lost seven pounds in three weeks