Bradcardiff_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
952ded6b8e17a4d708eda4c9398a0a52.jpg

Reactions: JacquiMorrison

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Wouldn't it be great if meters were programmed to read above a certain level "You should have listened to your wife!"

Reactions: Bradcardiff_

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I used to vomit on strongbow, even after just a half pint. I changed to bitter. Halves of course.
All pre-diagnosis!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Blimey, but a good lesson learnt. Say thank you to your meter. Without it you would never have known!

It says "your blood sugar is still very high". Was it even higher before this?

lowedb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I expected that a really dry cider would be better than beer. But when I researched it it looked like its a no. I used to love beer and obviously I've had to rethink that now. I tried Marstons resolution but its expensive and hard to buy. Holsten Pils seems to be close to half the carbs of something like Stella, so I'm having the odd one of those.

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I expected that a really dry cider would be better than beer. But when I researched it it looked like its a no. I used to love beer and obviously I've had to rethink that now. I tried Marstons resolution but its expensive and hard to buy. Holsten Pils seems to be close to half the carbs of something like Stella, so I'm having the odd one of those.
If you're wanting to have a beer now and again, Pilsner is allegedly one of the better options. Fairly inexpensive too...

I think I've had less than 5 pints of cider since being diagnosed, far too messy for BG.

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
In the run up to diagnosis (Feb 2106) I used to love me Zider, with a thirst for Henry Weston's 8.5% where possible. The local pub did the West Country ones which went down a treat on a hot day. Alas I've not been near one since then....

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A quick conversion to single malts appears to be in order !

Tastes great , looks cool especially if ordered neat , no ice with a large glass of iced water on the side - ( very Bond like ) and brings down blood sugars a treat , the occasional excess doesnt even produce that bad hangovers -im a convert !