Won't be going to Costa again!

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
my fitness pal is open source anyone can put anything in thats why l dumped the whole app a waste of time.

Somewhat harsh, I'd say. I agree there are some very odd entries in there, but using it with the eyes open makes sense for any app or tool.

A

AnnieC

What is the Primo? I've never been in a Costa in my life - never even seen one round here. I thought they were just on Motorway Service Stations. Lol. I'm a country bumpkin.
Lots of shops now are having Costa coffee bars in them

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
i don't go to coffee shops anymore or drink beer since my heart attack last year i only drink vodka and diet tonic or black coffee my hospital doctor has told me not to go on a diet as it could effect my kidneys i do have stage 3 kidney disease and must keep my blood sugars over 7.
As I'm over 18 stone in weight i have gone on a low carb diet and exercise with supervision
@rogbert,
Did your doc say WHY you had to stay above 7?
I am CK3 and my nephrologist is ecstatic that I keep my HbA1c @ 5.4 on a low carb diet!

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
l disagree AB how many things have people assumed are ok and been slammed upwards as the OP was. They were lucky to test it but l can not as many t2 can not test all our food so l would rather rely on proper manufacture figures than those any tom **** or harry can post. To my mind a dangerous app to use and l stick by it.

The OP had their eyes open...

Zoe king

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had a lunchtime meeting today which was running late today so I thought I'd pop into Costa at 1pm and have a cheeky cold drink to see me through until I got back for lunch.

I thought I was being good by choosing their red berry cooler, instead of the strawberries and cream or any of the frappacinos laced with UHT milk and artificial cream. 2 hours later my bs are 12.4! My late lunch when I got back consisted of cheese, celery, a bowl of strawberries and dash of cream and a coffee with cream. 2 hours after lunch they are the lowest ever - 4.3.

What is going on?
Costa lady it sounds very much to me you had a lack of carbs for dinner and your drink couldn't have had enough sugars to see you through your buisy morning I like to try and live on fruit and salads in the summer and have to keep a close check on it in case I go to low.