work problems.

Dashing.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
so i've recently started a new job but the last week i've had heart palpitations and trumors, i went to the doctors and he checked my pulse and it was fast it slowed down after we started talking about panic disorder.

I was roughly 16-17 when i got diagnosed with panic attacks, and i just felt like hiding away i didn't get medication or anything and it made them worse.

I got the same feelings now and been prescribed medication/counselling and i'm just not feeling the best =.=

I really do want to work i'm 23? and want to earn money but how can i when i feel nervous shaky and what not =.=

urgh what to do =.=

Dashing.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
What you need to do is to take advantage of the medication and therapy that is being offered to you.
Panic disorders can be very frightening but you need professional help, probably CBT to help you overcome this
http://www.helpguide.org/articles/anxiety/therapy-for-anxiety-disorders.htm
tbh i don't know if it will work i've tryed everything be4 and it went but now its came back with a vengance :[
i got work tomorrow i haven't been all week because i'm panicking ;[ i don't know if i should quit my job and go on benifits till i'm confident and stuff.

uncle

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you quit it will be taking a step back, when you feel better and go for a job the panic may come back, if you stick at the job, take the meds and therapy it will address the issues and give you coping methods

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Have you tried alternatives ways of handling this like meditation ? You can watch/listen to some on youtube, just look up mindfulness meditation. Otherwise a walk at lunchtime in a park or green area can calm you down if you're feeling anxious, as well as exercise so gym/cycling, anything to get the heart going and oxygen into your bloodstream. Also do you know or understand what situations are making you feel like this ?

Giving up your job is a step back, so try and look at how best to cope/tackle this.

Good luck and well done for getting back to work, you should be proud of yourself ;)

Dashing.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Have you tried alternatives ways of handling this like meditation ? You can watch/listen to some on youtube, just look up mindfulness meditation. Otherwise a walk at lunchtime in a park or green area can calm you down if you're feeling anxious, as well as exercise so gym/cycling, anything to get the heart going and oxygen into your bloodstream. Also do you know or understand what situations are making you feel like this ?

Giving up your job is a step back, so try and look at how best to cope/tackle this.

Good luck and well done for getting back to work, you should be proud of yourself ;)

haha i got assaulted by someone and now i have a constant panic i'm taking medication but it wont work straight away i really don't know if its panic attacks i think theres more to it but my doctor said it was ;L

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Sorry to hear that - it does sound like this is the root of your anxiety. There is always a trigger, it's just getting the right help to get you back on track again.

Counselling would be a good option, being able to discuss what happened and learning strategies on how to cope mentally. As I mentioned previously also try meditation as it will calm your mind and so the panic attacks will decrease, but as with any support/help you have to go out and find it and stick to it. It won't go away by itself but if you take steps now it will help you cope better mentally and in turn help your bg control too.
Good luck ;)