working with type 2 diabetes

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, llandudno

Just got to say that you did the right thing for your Family and most of all yourself.

I can tell that you were working stressful hours under very incorrect procedures and taken for a mug,by your employer.
It has even made you feel that somehow you have to take blame or even guilt for your actions.

However you will soon get back on a even keel, then find the kind of work that suits you.

Good luck

Roy :)

llandudno1960

yes thanks for that roydove, i was just talking to my husband about how i feel and like what you said he said i need to get myself on track again with my health but after 32yrs of working and looking after family im feeling like you said guilty, but im determined to get back on track and look for easier parttime job, :) :)

Fraddycat

Hello again Llandudno, when I was first diagnosed, first year I felt terrible and some days it was such a chore to drag myself out of bed in the morning. I really know how you feel! Every weekend I just sat in the chair and did nothing and had to take a couple of weeks off just to catch up with myself.

Now that my BG is under better control, and I feel a bit fitter I feel normal again, in fact better than normal was for the year or two before I was diagnosed (Exhausted). I know that its probably only a matter of time before my diabetes progresses again but right now I feel ok and I am able to work and very grateful.

You just have to do what's right for yourself and your family right now, don't beat yourself up, be strong and you'll get there! Jane

RoyG

Dislikes
To many to mention.
I felt really worn out prior to my diagnosis, that was one of the main reasons I went to GP. I went a few times and all he was saying was it's stress, or because your working such long hours, but I knew it was more than that. I had a good idea it could be Diabetes and I asked him to check for it and here I am fully fledged member of the club. I still have really bad day's feeling like a burst whelley and just want to go back home. I would say nobody should feel guilty for what they can or cannot do, we all have different body's some are not as bad as other's. I may not be able to carry on in the future at the rate I do now, but no way would I class that as failure, I will have tried my best. I'm sure nobody likes being in that situation and knowing how drained Diabetes can make you feel, it is wretchid coupled with feeling totally alone at times and just dealing with every thing else that goes with it, is a heavy load to carry at times. Chin up campers a cure may be just round the corner :D