Worried about bruises

dizaster

Hi

Been on Humalog 25 since February , using nova-fine 30g needles (0.3 x 8mm)
and I regularly get massive bruises when I inject in my stomach.

I'm injecting twice a day, and i can guarantee that Ill bruise at least 75% of the time, most bruises are smallish , size of a 50p (both in stomach and legs), looks like Ive been poked with a barge pole :lol:

But at least one a week I end up with , what I would call, a massive bruise on my stomach.
Current one is slightly bigger than a tennis ball. Others have been bigger a few slightly smaller.

When I'm injecting there seems to be no difference , until the bruise shows up that is.

Any suggestions / advice ??

Many thanks

Dean

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Are you on Aspirin?
some blood vessels just don't stop seepimg for ages. I don't use insulin, but get bruises where I test.
Hana

lilibet

Bruises are almost inevitable when you inject I think. Luckily for me Ive not worn a bikini since I was about 6..... :lol:
My legs in particular appear to be very sensitive to it- likely due to nature of vascular system ie blood vessels closer to the surface than my pot belly

Maybe ask for smaller needles - you can get 6mm needles, so try these and see?

peecee

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hi Dean, i use 30g x 6mm needles with my byetta pen and bruise if i nick a blood vessel, i think its just something we have to put up with, i did find a few spots where i didnt bruise but injecting into the same area all the time becomes painful :(