1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Worried about first scan results

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by slayer, May 29, 2019.

1. slayer

slayer Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I am a Type 1 diabetic. I have conceived via IVF I had a frozen embryo transfer. Yesterday I was 7weeks and 3days pregnant and I had my ultrasound scan, but CRL was 6mm. The nurse has really scared me as she said the baby should have been 9mm in length. There was a heartbeat but she said next week it may not be there and booked me for another scan. I know I should not worry, but I cannot help it. Has anyone got any advice or has anyone been in my situation?

• Hug Hug x 3
  2. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Aawww bless you, the nurse should of worded her words differently. Some babies can be smaller than other's and some are larger, it's good a heartbeat was found. Saying try not to worry probably won't help, so all I can say is to take deep breaths and try not to get over anxious as your BS may increase. Have you told your partner and family, as they can give you lots of emotional support and love.
    Please let us know how you get on, I will be thinking of you, take care x

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. slayer

My husband knows but we wanted to wait until 12 weeks to tell the family as I have previously had two miscarriages. I do feel like the nurse could have been more sensitive.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Juicyj

Juicyj Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hello @slayer I agree with @Robinredbreast your nurse could of worded this slightly different, I don't have any experience of this but wanted to wish you well, take it easy and try not to worry.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. hboyt

hboyt Type 1 · Well-Known Member

try not to worry too hard [​IMG]...every one beats themselves up worrying before scans...even my non diabetic friends!!

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. slayer

A quick update. Baby has now grown from 6mm to 15mm in a week! The nurse this time was much nicer. I have been eating all the right 'stuff' and controlling my sugars. She dated me at eight weeks pregnant :)

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook