Worried and can’t get to doctor

SDR999

Hello all

This is my first post as I came looking for information.
Over the last few weeks I’ve had a very dry tongue and mouth. It’s more dry than thirsty. The last couple of days though I’ve started to up my water intake to see if I can counteract it. I’ve now started to urinate it all out.
I’m not really overweight and quite active. I don’t smoke and no family history. I social drink and have been quite active drinking recently.
I’m a little worried but can’t get to a doctor until June 5th. Any ideas or information please? Does this sound similar to you experiences?
Regards

Steve

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you are worried about being diabetic, tomorrow, pop into your local chemist ask ask if they can test you. Don't have anything to eat or drink for two hours before hand. If you have a high reading, try and get an emergency appointment with your GP. The chemist test will not be a definitive answer, merely a guide. You can come back and tell us what it was.

Reactions: MEValentijn

SDR999

If you are worried about being diabetic, tomorrow, pop into your local chemist ask ask if they can test you. Don't have anything to eat or drink for two hours before hand. If you have a high reading, try and get an emergency appointment with your GP. The chemist test will not be a definitive answer, merely a guide. You can come back and tell us what it was.
Thank you for this. I could’ve done this today. I might see if there is a late open one. Thanks

Reactions: Antje77

Kittycat_7_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,
Please if you think you might be diabetic, please phone and request an earlier appointment.
Can you not phone early on the day and get a same day appointment.
If not phone 111 and they will help you.
Do let us know what happens.
Take care

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
If the pharmacy finger-prick test indicates your blood sugar is too high then keep all carbs right down until you can see the GP.

DawnOfTheZed

If the finger prick test is high, you can ask for a GP telephone appt to discuss, or worse, ask for a nurse appt at the surgery. Hoping that test will be OK though and you won't need an urgent appt.

Flic2019

If you cant get a GP appointment out of hours appointmnets can be invaluable. Thats how i found out i had diabetes. They prick tested me and then rushed me to the hospital for bloods.
You definately need to find out if you are worried though. Maybe your surgery can do emergency appointmnets xxx

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you cant get a GP appointment out of hours appointmnets can be invaluable. Thats how i found out i had diabetes. They prick tested me and then rushed me to the hospital for bloods.
You definately need to find out if you are worried though. Maybe your surgery can do emergency appointmnets xxx
@SDR999 should note that being rushed to hospital is most unlikely, unless the prick test is very high and in that case would no doubt be accompanied by more severe symptoms.

Reactions: Flic2019

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
dry mouth could also be caused by an electrolyte imbalance and then it could become worse if you just drink loads and loads of pure water with no electrolytes in... because pure water can wash out electrolytes of one's body... have you changes your way of eating lately?