worried

JESSICA18

i have type 2 ,and also on blood peresure meds ,and have irritable bowl,and work in a special needs school i have been back to work 4 days with no children in and am so scared of catching anything when the children come back in next week but i dont no what to do any advice would be great.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
i have type 2 ,and also on blood peresure meds ,and have irritable bowl,and work in a special needs school i have been back to work 4 days with no children in and am so scared of catching anything when the children come back in next week but i dont no what to do any advice would be great.
Hi JESSICA18 welcome to the forum. As a teacher for 37 years I have sympathy for all in my ex-profession. My advice would be to go to the website of any union to which you belong and read the advice offered there. I assume Senior management are aware of all staff having conditions which accentuate vulnerability and have done their utmost to help. Best wishes.

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Jessica,

I agree with @ianpspurs that it must be very stressful for you at the moment. I agree that your union may be able to give some specific advice. Other than that all I think you can do is be really strict with hygiene and also reinforce that to the kids.

The only other thing you can do it keep your blood sugars as tightly controlled as possible.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Reactions: ianpspurs