Worst guilty food secret

Paul24

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I would love a home made lemon meringue pie with clotted cream but I don't think it would be worth it

Reactions: 2 people

annelise

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unfriendly and bigotted persons; i.e. persons who do not have an open or enquiring mind - but all within reason - persons may have a reason to appear as such - we will never know their backgrounds or where they come from ...
I would love a home made lemon meringue pie with clotted cream but I don't think it would be worth it
I am totally with you Paul. My sons are constantly clamouring for my making it. I guess I will eventually need to succomb - meaning I will succomb too - such a lovely food.

annelise

Paul24

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Confession time
It was my birthday last week and my daughter made me one. Seemed rude to say no, so I had a small slice then went down gym for a 2 hour workout blood sugars where 5.7 after workout. Got to wait another year now

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Chocolate.
Have to admit that I have a little bit most days, after I have been good all day and exercised etc I have a little bit

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
I am totally with you Paul. My sons are constantly clamouring for my making it. I guess I will eventually need to succomb - meaning I will succomb too - such a lovely food.

annelise
I was thinking about this and came up with 2 possibilities. Why couldn't it be crust less and trubia used? Or, crushed nuts and butter with tiny bit of trubia if you wanted a base? Am tempted to give it a go as I make awesome lemon meringue pie with a ginger biscuit base (hubbie doesn't like pastry).

1van

I am an awful comfort eater, especially when I get upset. Also I find don't always remember that I am diabetic, is that strange or are there more like me who only remember after they have eaten too much of the wrong things?

SJC

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diets!
Wouldn't it be nice if someone produced an app whereby you put your finger on a picture of a certain food and got the taste of it in your mouth for as long as you wanted?

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Wouldn't it be nice if someone produced an app whereby you put your finger on a picture of a certain food and got the taste of it in your mouth for as long as you wanted?
Oh yes! Cheesecake! Yum!

Paul24

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
S
I was thinking about this and came up with 2 possibilities. Why couldn't it be crust less and trubia used? Or, crushed nuts and butter with tiny bit of trubia if you wanted a base? Am tempted to give it a go as I make awesome lemon meringue pie with a ginger biscuit base (hubbie doesn't like pastry).

Sounds good could you please let me have recipe

Ruth B

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have always been a chocoholic and I know if I try and cut it out completely I will eventually binge so I allow myself a few squares of Maya Gold a day.

However I did break the other day when I saw chocolate raisins and had bought them before I really thought about it. I am allowing myself half a dozen in an evening if my post meal reading is low enough. I am careful to leave the rest in the cupboard so I don't eat the packet without realising what I am doing. Dried fruit and chocolate combined, is there really anything worse.