Worst place....

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Yep, somewhat like being "stoned".. I've written tunes while low.. The lyrics may have needed some sense chopped into them when back to normal mind...! Lol
some of my best song lyrics have been written at 1.6 ..............can't remember them though:(

Reactions: 5 people

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
i'm "all shook up " :D

Reactions: 5 people

Seriously_Sax1989

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just come out of a hypo (2.3) and I can't stop laughing, apparently my boyfriend couldn't get any sense out of me either :)

Reactions: 8 people

Richard F

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's sad you managed to hurt yourself, twice, and strangely when you weren't busy doing anything particularly dangerous or violent. You must have been fitting and contorting when you fell in the river. Lucky you didn't drown though!

I've had 3 fits (that I know of) in the last 25yrs I've switched to Lantus recently so I hope this helps.

Reactions: 4 people

iScream

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had a hypo during a blood test for my 6 monthly Diabetes review! I was in a rush that morning and forgot to eat breakfast. HAHA

Reactions: 4 people

Trace D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
At the airport in Majorca waiting to board the plain to come home, it just hit me from nowhere I'd just done my bs 5 mins before and it was around 7.5 luckily I was on holiday with my older sister and her friends we managed to sort me out in time thank god. It was my first holiday abroad and without my parents we never did tell them that it happened.

After having my daughter me and my fiancé took her out for the first time one minute we're stood showing her off to my partners work mates and boss the next minute I'm lying on the floor with my partner holding my hand telling me I'd had a hypo infront of everyone.( so embarrassing)

Reactions: 6 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
There seems to be a common theme with regards to supermarkets and hypo's, wonder why that is :confused:

Probably a long day at work, on my feet, want to hurry up and get food shopping done and just get home, so there was many, many active hours :oops: and I'm not a driver either :rolleyes:

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
At the airport in Majorca waiting to board the plain to come home, it just hit me from nowhere I'd just done my bs 5 mins before and it was around 7.5 luckily I was on holiday with my older sister and her friends we managed to sort me out in time thank god. It was my first holiday abroad and without my parents we never did tell them that it happened.

After having my daughter me and my fiancé took her out for the first time one minute we're stood showing her off to my partners work mates and boss the next minute I'm lying on the floor with my partner holding my hand telling me I'd had a hypo infront of everyone.( so embarrassing)

Gosh, I do feel for you :angelic: It happens, especially being a new mum and with breastfeeding too, as this lowers BS a lot :wideyed:

Take care RRB :)

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Wow everyone's stories are brilliant! Think worst ever hypo was first time I ever drank (secretly) had been out with my big brother, came home pretending I was not at all drunk, fobbed off the parents and I went to bed, only before I went to sleep I decided to take my insulin?! Woke up around 4 hours later with me poor mam worried sick coz id had a fit, swallowing tongue, the lot, so let's just say I don't really drink all that much ever since :/

Have also done the thing of ignoring all symptoms thinking they will totally just go away, done it once at work when I was trying to exchange something for a customer and basically kept minus-ing the item on the till n did not understand at all why it was saying we owed the customer around £500 for something that actually only costs 4.99 hahaha I do have to laugh about that one still or id cry coz the commotion and que I caused was just ridiculous! :D

Reactions: 13 people

Trace D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Gosh, I do feel for you :angelic: It happens, especially being a new mum and with breastfeeding too, as this lowers BS a lot :wideyed:

Take care RRB :)
I laugh about it now but at the time I felt so guilty because my partner said I'd fallen forward onto the pram luckily he was holding the baby at the time and it's a good job I've got a good understanding partner:)

kevinfitzgerald

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
All things that hurt (emotional and physical)
I had a hypo once sitting in the dentist chair having a tooth pulled. Ambulance was called and I was carried through the waiting room strapped to a stretcher. It was really bad but when I think back it makes me laugh just thinking what the people waiting in the waiting room must have been thinking. "He was ok going in, now look at the state of him"

KevFitz

Reactions: 16 people

kevinfitzgerald

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
All things that hurt (emotional and physical)
I've had loads of embarrassing ones too. One that sticks in mind was chasing the works cat around the garden shouting "Suzie, Suzie I used to go out with a girl called Suzie.

My colleagues were all looking out the window at me. Also the cat was called Nancy!

I had one in the launderette and ended up washing the food I'd just purchased at Tesco's. That got some strange looks. Could probably write a book on them!

KevFitz

Reactions: 7 people

chl0ejasmine

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
I was in the shower and I opened my eyes and everything was black so, obviously terrified I got out the shower crawling on the floor looking for the door handle, opened the door and passed out from the hypo! I had the embarrassment of my family having to rush and pick up their naked child/sister haha! Least they're family xxx

Reactions: 6 people

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Wow everyone's stories are brilliant! Think worst ever hypo was first time I ever drank (secretly) had been out with my big brother, came home pretending I was not at all drunk, fobbed off the parents and I went to bed, only before I went to sleep I decided to take my insulin?! Woke up around 4 hours later with me poor mam worried sick coz id had a fit, swallowing tongue, the lot, so let's just say I don't really drink all that much ever since :/

2 things -- great name :D and that is an awfully big wine glass:D:D:D

Reactions: 3 people

mangobe

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@kevinfitzgerald The unhappy tree? I've missed that story somehow, also any mention of the police - has it been deleted or is it in another thread?
If you (like me) have a book's worth of amusing hypo anecdotes please do add them here! :happy: