Would i still be classed as a diabetic??

November1115

Type of diabetes
Type 2
The current research on T2D is based very much on the findings following bariatric surgery where obese pp reversed their T2 status after losing that gram of fat around the pancreas (following surgery) This led to the Prof Taylor Newcastle research as well as other LC research. ... so I understand from my research. .... hence LCHF diets were conceived cos LCHF =Starvation whereas HF keeps hunger at bay

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi

Am sure that I read in the forum that the test of one being cure of diabetes is when one can hv a plateful of carbs and not hv abnormal blood sugar results. ..?
I can do that.
I choose not to, because when I tried it I found that I became 'addicted' to high carb foods and it took me several weeks to get over it. By that I mean I craved more carb foods, and regained a fair amount of weight. As I believe that for me it was the weight loss below my personal fat threshold (as described by Prof Taylor, Newcastle University) that 'reversed' my T2 diabetes it would be foolish for me to continue with high carbs.

Reactions: 2 people

November1115

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Sorry.... a typo in my earlier post 12/1/16 1012 pm.... I meant

LCHF diet = starvation

Hope I hv not confused anyone!

Indeed.... that's what all LCHF diets eventually do to T2D pp..... losing that fat below our personal fat threshold = diabetes reversed!

Oops should read LCLF = starvation

Last edited by a moderator: