Would it be beneficial to have a discrete product to hold your kit?

Would other people find this useful? (1 is good 5 is bad)

Votes: 1 50.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

groves98

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am an a level design student looking at ways we as diabetics can carry our kit in a discrete fashion.
my current designs are clipped below.

Attachments

• doc20160216101502.pdf
    380.8 KB · Views: 141
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you mean discrete (individually separate and distinct) or discreet as in (intentionally unobtrusive). They seem to be opposites.

Ambersilva

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have looked at your drawings but I am not understanding the concept in relation to the equipment it is designed to carry and the person carrying it.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was imagining myself walking down the road wearing a pink back pack with " I (heart) diabetes" on it. I would be quite willing if the pay was right.

Last edited by a moderator:

TorqPenderloin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Can't really tell much from the sketches, but it looks like a diabetic version of an ammo sling (image attached below. Just picture insulin pens instead of shells).

I actually like your thought process as this is something that annoys me on a daily basis. At home, it's not a big deal and at work I use my briefcase. However, it's a pain in the a** when I have to carry around my bag of supplies.

Possibly helpful tip: if you could somehow find a way to customize a suit jacket to hold medical supplies discreetly, i think that would be awesome. That's currently the least annoying way for me as I can hide an insulin pen and meter in the various pockets without it affecting my night out.
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1456311119.582337.jpg

groves98

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have looked at your drawings but I am not understanding the concept in relation to the equipment it is designed to carry and the person carrying it.
would these drawings help?
Your arm goes through the blue. Black represents buckles and green represents pockets.
the kit it will hopefully carry at the end are things like blood monitors, pens, extra needles, etc

Attachments

• doc20160224114206.pdf
    338 KB · Views: 151
S

Shar67

@TorqPenderloin do you think something like a pistol ankle or shoulder holster could work, would it be better in leather or canvas.
Mind you I could imagine the police here thinking they've got an ankle holster therefore, they have a gun, run, as police here can only shout stop or I will shout stop again.

Ambersilva

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
would these drawings help?
Your arm goes through the blue. Black represents buckles and green represents pockets.
the kit it will hopefully carry at the end are things like blood monitors, pens, extra needles, etc

It looks like a mini shoulder holster! But you are leaving it to my own imagination to think what it would look like on a person. The last time I saw a shoulder type harness, it was concealed under the jacket of a male bodyguard.

S

Shar67

@groves98, the designs you have would be fine for day time casual but I cannot see them working in a formal setting, certainly not for ladies.
The most annoying thing in the diabetes kit has to be the cylindrical test strip container, something like a tic tac box would be so much easier to fit into places

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I tend to just stuff things in pockets. All my clothes have them and if I'm going to be wearing shorts, I'm generally carrying a bag of some sort anyway.