1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Would love to get to know fellow diabetics

Discussion in 'Children & Teens' started by leahbryonyxx, Aug 20, 2013.

1. leahbryonyxx

leahbryonyxx · Newbie

Hey, Hi, Hello.. I'm Leah and I have been diabetic since I was 11 I am now 17 nearly 18, I would love to be able to talk too people who know how it feels to be diabetic and how hard it is. Please don't hesitate to ask questions:)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

2. -beckyb93-

-beckyb93- Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Re: Would love to get to know fellow diabetics

Hi Leah - I'm Becky! I am a fellow diabetic also looking for other diabetics to talk to :) I am 20 years old and I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes in 2000 at the age of 7. Would be nice to hear back from you. Becky

3. actionmedia2020

actionmedia2020 · Member

Hi Leah where are you. I am running some workshops for Type 1s in Berkshire (13-19 years old) see my Facebook page 'Diabetes family maidenhead berkshire' and perhaps we can arrange a meet up. Deb

4. HamiltonAlice

HamiltonAlice · Newbie

Hi,leah.I am 25 years old and recently I got to know that I have diabetes so the most hard thing after this is that as I love to east sweets it is closed at all so I want to ask that as I am diabetic patient so I can't eat little bit sweet also ?and if I can eat how much will be OK,that would not cause me any problem.Please do reply as I eagerly want to know about it.
    [link removed]

5. shayanjameel08

shayanjameel08 · Member

Hi i wanna ask any of fellow diabetic that how many carbs do you eat everyday...?

6. Sophie_Anna231

Sophie_Anna231 Type 1 · Newbie

Hey Leah i'm Sophie, I'm 19 an have been diabetic for nearly 7 years, diagnosed at 13, i joined this forum for the same reason to meet and talk to people who go through what i do everyday that would understand how hard it can be for soooooo many reasons! :) i would love to chat and help out if i can :) x

7. lexi98`

lexi98` Type 1 · Newbie

hey leah I am lexi I am 15

8. jessica16

jessica16 · Well-Known Member

Hey I'm also diabetic. I'm 16 and was only diagnosed September 2013. I'd love to be able to talk to people that also go through what I do every day. Please feel free to pm me. I'd be really thankful for someone to talk to about diabetes. Thanks :)

9. ciaramoh

ciaramoh Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hiya, I'm 18 and had diabetes since I was 4, was thinking of setting up a Facebook group for teens with diabetes, any thoughts? :)

10. Hebe

Hebe Type 1 · Active Member

Hiya,I'm 14 and have had diabetes since I was 12.I also thought it would be good to talk to others who can understand what it's like!!! :)

11. Tasha11234

Tasha11234 Type 1 · Member

Hi!
    Currently I eat 40g at breakfast, 50g at lunch and 40g again at dinner!

12. megsayssmile

megsayssmile Type 1 · Member

Hey, I'm Megan. I'm 16 and I've had type 1 since I was 6. I'd love to chat!x

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook