Status
Not open for further replies.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Cattle are efficient in turning grass (cereal) into a lot of products.

Great meat from the right breed.
Milk into a shipload of dairy products.
Hides into leather shoes, furniture and car seat covers.
Blood and bone into one of the best fertilisers going to get the grass growing.

Rinse and repeat...
And don't forget the poo to return nutrients to the soil...

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Once worked in a large company with a big mouthed opinionated Yank in another department who insisted his staff eat vegan.. I would buy the poor souls meat pies and sausage rolls for morning tea from time to time and it sent him into white hot rages. His staff (almost 100% female) were scared of him ... I wasn't.

Loved baiting him

What exactly were they frightened of? If he had threatened dismissal he wouldn't have had a leg to stand on and besides if I had worked in his department I would have questioned if there were any dietary restrictions in the employees contract. He was abusing power and probably getting a self satisfied thrill from it, the prig.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hmmm. Isn't that how scavengers like vultures & Hyenas operate.. They still seem bully & muscle in on the corpse.. (Out of necessity.) "Survival of the fittest." But I suppose that's what separates us from the "beasts."
Humanity has self awairness we choose a little bit quicker due to our bespoke condition what works for us..
We've devised tools. A meter or a CGM to aid us all quickly adapt & survive.. As far as I know in the production of these BG testing kits, no animal was harmed during the process.... ;)
But its a fair chance that blood was spilled in the process to get here. Think of all those poor microbes slaughtered to give is sterile lancets, finger washing handwringing, blood drip squeezing. AND not forgetting all those specially bred mice that were sacrificed for us diabetics. And to produce some insulin products to boot. Presuming that only synthetic insulins are immune; from the loss of livestock from the planet? Just think of it, cows will become extinct (actually Bulls will probably go before them, in these days of synthetic DNA) Who is going to keep pet cows - zoos? certainly not the man in the street - there will be no streets soon as cars go extinct.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
But if it had been worked beyond its retirement date, then that is cruelty, which vegans are opposed to. Does not apply to humans, who many more are working past NRD - I did.

Edit : In response to posting #115 by @JohnEGreen

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All,

The OP has had many responses, so should have enough to gauge people’s opinions.

The last few pages have drifted into supposedly humorous jokes and snipes at vegans and vegetarians.

If you check the forum rules you will see that belittling, attacking and creating ‘us and them’ posts on the forum is expressly against the forum rules.

I am therefore closing this thread to further replies.

There are other current threads discussing veganism, vegetarianism, environmental impact, agriculture and ethics. They will stay open - as long as posters comply with our rules on basic respect and civility.

Status
Not open for further replies.