Wound healing

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I just joined hoping someone could answer my question.

My 7 yo dd was diagnosed with type 1 4 months ago. On Thursday she was pushed over and took alot of skin on her hand which poured with blood, it's now looking a bit yucky so I was thinking about taking her to urgent care in the morning incase she needs antibiotics. Will she have to wait long do you think? As she won't be eating lunch when she's there. Also am I going ott about her hand?

Thank you in advance

( a worried mum )

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I just joined hoping someone could answer my question.

My 7 yo dd was diagnosed with type 1 4 months ago. On Thursday she was pushed over and took alot of skin on her hand which poured with blood, it's now looking a bit yucky so I was thinking about taking her to urgent care in the morning incase she needs antibiotics. Will she have to wait long do you think? As she won't be eating lunch when she's there. Also am I going ott about her hand?

Thank you in advance

( a worried mum )

If you think it looks "yukky", best to have it looked at.

A few weeks ago, on a Sunday, having stood on something that then buried itself in the middle of my heel (OOOooops, the OUCH!), I toddled off to have it looked at. At the nearest walk-in, it was pretty packed, but there was a notice saying children would be given some priority when being seen. I didn't time anything or anyone, but the children arriving did seem to disappear fairly quickly.

Why not take something with you that she could eat, if you are kept hanging around? That makes sense, rather than being worried if she has a poorly hand and the clock is ticking.

I hope she'll be OK.

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Better safe than sorry so i would get it looked at. Lunch is a good idea. If for some reason she started going low there, you could always let them know.