1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

wow how many new members ?

Discussion in 'Greetings and Introductions' started by JUSTFOCUS, Jul 17, 2011.

1. JUSTFOCUS

JUSTFOCUS · Well-Known Member

Hi folks
    I've been very ill so haven't been around for a good few months :( . I have spotted straight away that things have changed new members and moderaters . So i thought I might just intro myself
    I'm JFocus Im type 2 and up until 7wks ago when my wife left me I . Previously to that I had got my levels down to a acceptable level . I am now starting all over again trying to grasp it back . Levels was average 7.3 now 12-13 !!!!!!!
    Any way be happy if you can.
    JF. :D

2. daisy1

daisy1 Type 2 · Legend

Welcome back JF - I'd noticed you weren't around. I hope you are a lot better now :) I'm very sorry about your marriage break up. That certainly didn't help your health.

3. ailz

ailz Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi JFocus,

Sounds like life isn't a lot of fun for you at the moment, no wonder your levels are up. It's good that you looking to get back in control - in fact, to me, having been through a comparable rough time a good while ago - it's bl***y amazing.

Hope everything improves for you.

Cheers
    Ailz

4. louiseb

louiseb · Well-Known Member

5. anna29

anna29 Type 2 · Well-Known Member
    Retired Moderator

Hi jfocus, Welcome back to us all, You have been through a difficult life change in your relationship , you will need some support now. Great of you to return and we would love to help n support you. Keep an eye on your BS levels as stress does/can effect these. Anna.x :D

6. ebony321

ebony321 · Well-Known Member

Hi JF,

Nice to see you back, sorry to hear your having a rough time though. Hope your BG's get back to where they were before.

There has been quite a few changes, in my opinion for the better, the members that volunteered and been assigned for moderator positions are doing a fantastic job :)

7. ClaireG 06

ClaireG 06 · Well-Known Member

Welcome back JF :D I'm sorry to hear you've been having a tough time.

8. Tracey69

Tracey69 · Well-Known Member

Hi
    I am new to the sight. I have been a T1 since i was 6yrs old. Sorry to hear about your split and the stress it may have given you. I know when I'm stressed my sugars do rise but they will resettle once your calmer, but we can also can have a time in our lives when our sugars are up and down, but at least your trying to get the control back and that you have come back to the website

9. notafanofsugar

notafanofsugar Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi Justfocus - welcome back! :) xxx

10. Osidge

Osidge Type 2 · Well-Known Member
    Retired Moderator

Sorry to hear of your marital problem, JF. I hope you get your head around that soon and return to better stress levels and BS levels. You know we are here to help so welcome back to the forum.

Regards

Doug

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook