1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Xigduo

Discussion in 'Diabetes Medication and Drugs' started by Carterbpool, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Carterbpool

Carterbpool Type 1 · Member

Hi is anyone taking these tablets.

I have been taking them for three month now seen a massive improvement in blood sugar levels but starting to get really bad thrush I’ve tried the creams to clear it but keeps coming back any advice or experience from others with these tablets?

2. EllieM

EllieM Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Your profile says you're T1 and Dr Google says xigduo is for T2 and not T1.

It also says that one of its effects is to get the kidneys to remove more sugar from the blood, so I'm guessing that means that you are passing sugar in your urine, which is a sort of guaranteed thrush inducer (for me anyway:bigtears:).

There's also a list of side effects which you are supposed to discuss urgently with your doctor. I'd get medical advice in your position.

Good luck.

3. Carterbpool

Carterbpool Type 1 · Member

HI Ellie I am type one and on insulin. When I moved to Spain the doctor suggested I take these to help control my sugars which they have. Thanks for your advice x

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook