Xylitol

Kyambala

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
@Kyambala what carbs in curries, mince and diet coke. There's no carbs in mince, curry or diet coke it's all about what you put with it that's the issue. The item with the most carbs is the peas which I rarely eat anyway. Education is the key and you can find a LC alternative for almost anything.

As you say "its all about what you put with it". But I did read somewhere (can't remember where) that Diet Coke is "not good" for Diabetics. And peas, as you say, are sweet.

Kyambala

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I am now back in the UK and am trying to put into effect all the good advice that Forum members have been giving me over these past 3 months. Cut down on potatoes, bread, rice, pizza, etc. But will miss my Naan bread, Garlic bread, oranges for breakfast, and home made muesli. I had some lovely "honey roast ham" and egg for supper. Delicious.

Kyambala

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Yesterday I started the LCHF diet. Breakfast: home made Muesli. Lunch: salad, cheese, one half slice of bread. Evening meal: Lamb shanks, cauliflower, sprouts, cheese sauce. No potatoes and carrots.

Didn't even feel hungry this morning so delayed breakfast until 10 am (home made muesli). Ate lunch at 4 pm (cooked ham, cheese) about to have another lamb shank, etc. I am still not hungry (unusual).

Kyambala

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Yesterday I started the LCHF diet. Breakfast: home made Muesli. Lunch: salad, cheese, one half slice of bread. Evening meal: Lamb shanks, cauliflower, sprouts, cheese sauce. No potatoes and carrots.

Didn't even feel hungry this morning so delayed breakfast until 10 am (home made muesli). Ate lunch at 4 pm (cooked ham, cheese) about to have another lamb shank, etc. I am still not hungry (unusual).

Since writing the above Post, about a year ago, I have STOPPED taking home made Museli and started having an orange plus bacon, eggs, tomatoes and half a slice of bread for breakfast. Blood Sugar varies between 4.3 and 6.8 and I don't have HYPOS any more.

Progress.