Yearly Review

Garyrob

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So I went for my yearly Diabetes review 2 weeks ago, I was diagnosed in 2017 and have struggled for a few years then in Nov 2020 I completely changed my lifestyle, got rid of my car, joined the gym, cut out eating all snacks and takeaways, since then I have lost 5 stone, had 2 hba1c readings in last 6 months of 44 and 42 and this morning my nurse rang me with my latest results, my hba1c is now 35 so I am now in the first stages of remission, she is taking me off all my tablets apart from metformin and will check my results again in 3 months to see if I have maintained. Feeling pretty happy today :)

Reactions: Donaldfr

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So I went for my yearly Diabetes review 2 weeks ago, I was diagnosed in 2017 and have struggled for a few years then in Nov 2020 I completely changed my lifestyle, got rid of my car, joined the gym, cut out eating all snacks and takeaways, since then I have lost 5 stone, had 2 hba1c readings in last 6 months of 44 and 42 and this morning my nurse rang me with my latest results, my hba1c is now 35 so I am now in the first stages of remission, she is taking me off all my tablets apart from metformin and will check my results again in 3 months to see if I have maintained. Feeling pretty happy today :)
Excellent news and hearty congratulations on seeing all your efforts come to fruition.

Reactions: Garyrob

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Great to hear some really good news! Well done.

Reactions: Garyrob

BoringBrian

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Housework
Hello Gary,
You have done brilliantly, well done.
I can vouch for getting rid of the car, no choice now but to walk everywhere!
Good luck for striding towards remission.