Yeast Infections

Lisamarie11

In 2.5 years I have experienced 5 yeast infections with the most recent one lasting 4 weeks now. Topical creams no longer help. I have been wondering if drinking dextrose powder has an affect on this? I am calling my doctor today, but want to know if anyone else has had this issue.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In 2.5 years I have experienced 5 yeast infections with the most recent one lasting 4 weeks now. Topical creams no longer help. I have been wondering if drinking dextrose powder has an affect on this? I am calling my doctor today, but want to know if anyone else has had this issue.
What type are you? Any medication or insulin? Because I have no idea why any diabetic'd be using dextrose powder unless it is to combat a hypo. Whatever type you are, high blood sugars will stimulate yeast infections, because they tend to feed off the sugar going around your body. Get your blood sugars under control and the infections should abate too.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hi @Lisamarie11 ,

Welcome to the forum.
Higher running BGs can trigger yeast infections.
others have had issue too, prior to a diabetes diagnosis & stabilising blood sugars?

Good luck with your doctor!