Yet Another Question!

fumanchu

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
Hubby this morning first thing, BG was 8.6. He had bacon & egg and 2 hours later BG was 7.2. Then we went a walk... nothing to eat or drink but when we got back he tested and BG was 8.6 :nailbiting: Why ?

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Because the liver provides glucose - sometimes rather erratically, as a response to exertion.
There's a lot going on to maintain our bodies all the time, different cycles different processes - we are complex and often confounding things.

Reactions: chani111

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Meters have a margin of error of 15%. So even when you test from a single drop of blood, there can be a difference. Also, it may just be a bit of a morning liver dump getting in the way, or maybe the walk was a bit too strenuous, something stressful came up... But really, my bet'd be a little glucose dump, courtesy of his liver. If it's dumping stored glucose though, and he's not putting any back in, (yay for eggs!), it should come down eventually. But the morning blood sugars are the last to come down, and the dump can be a bit erratic. Nothing to panic about just yet though. Give it time, see whether it improves.

fumanchu

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
Awesome thank you both :) *trying to stay calm cool & sane*