YET ANOTHER THING WE CAN'T EAT!

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I try to avoid any processed food, and the chemicals in the bacon stop me eating it.
Only healthy fresh food.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Unless u plant n dig urself.. It not all fresh!!!

Potatoes alone this time of year come from egypt ... Defintely not fresh... Frozen foods are alot fresher than fresh.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Having worked for Tesco n Waitrose Distribution Xentres years ago..... And Trading Standards at the docks seeing lorries xome in...

Fruit n veg.... Definitely NOT fresh unless from gsrden....

From picking to shelves in shop can take 5 days... Definitely NOT fresh

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
donnellysdogs said:
Having worked for Tesco n Waitrose Distribution Xentres years ago..... And Trading Standards at the docks seeing lorries xome in...

Fruit n veg.... Definitely NOT fresh unless from gsrden....

From picking to shelves in shop can take 5 days... Definitely NOT fresh

Bit like my "fresh" squashes then.
I planted them, grew them, picked them in September/October, I'd still call them fresh, as they're sitting in a wicker basket in the kitchen. Next to the "fresh" garlic, hanging there, and the "fresh" onions, the "fresh" apples, picked late October and stored.

But not like bacon, soaked in a chemical mix, sealed in a plastic wrapper, and leaking white goo when it's cooked.

Fresh doesn't have to mean just dug up, I only cook with "fresh" ingredients where I can, and I'd include properly stored, and chilled, or even dried herbs or spices in my fresh cooking.
But not preserved in a vat of chemicals.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Aaaahhh-all the white horrible stuff that comes off bacon nowadays is gross!!! Howcan people cook and eat that food?

Agree with above, some food of course isnt fresh, fresh.. But preservatives and E numbers and ingredients etc that are foods are amazing nowadays. Can't get the image of that white frying gunge from bacon out of my head now!!

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can't stand that white filth that comes from supermarket bacon. The stuff that comes from my local Butcher is fine though.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Thommothebear said:
Can't stand that white filth that comes from supermarket bacon. The stuff that comes from my local Butcher is fine though.

You need to find one that dry cures his own. Most of ours is bought in in bulk by the butcher, then unwrapped and sliced to give it a look of authenticity. Even then I have my doubts about the salt and the nitrates in it.
I'll be getting some in for Christmas though.

Q007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who tell lies.
My GP (Dr Doom).
So what is the white stuff that appears when cooking bacon and can anyone recommend a good brand to buy, bearing in mind I'm in Wales (we just got running water and curtains last week), kind wishes, Q..

Ps; does water have carbs in it?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Its injected water, salts, nitrates and some protein which is why it froths. Brand wise I am not aware any branded bacon which is dry cured, without added water. A good local butcher will have their own source if you ask for a dry cure or no added water, but probably wont tell you from where they get it.

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Q007 said:
So what is the white stuff that appears when cooking bacon and can anyone recommend a good brand to buy, bearing in mind I'm in Wales (we just got running water and curtains last week), kind wishes, Q..

Before you get electricity you can use the horrible bacon stuff to make candles,just a thought
Ingredients:
Bacon leftovers
Bee's wax
Cotton yarn, cord, or similar wick material. leaves that lovely smell so they say.
(just a thought to keep your mind of sugar)

Ps; fire water has carbs, and if you want to be really clever in a argument then filtered water might contain carbs.

Q007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who tell lies.
My GP (Dr Doom).
izzzi said:
Q007 said:

Before you get electricity you can use the horrible bacon stuff to make candles,just a thought
Ingredients:
Bacon leftovers
Bee's wax
Cotton yarn, cord, or similar wick material. leaves that lovely smell so they say.
(just a thought to keep your mind of sugar)

Ps; fire water has carbs, and if you want to be really clever in a argument then filtered water might contain carbs.

Sup?

No argument? Just a little banter, that's all, ok.

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,Q007 :)

Hope your not to offended from my stupid hummer, it is just that I am on this so called vegan diet and I do miss bacon and what I would kill for a lamb chop.
Have a great Christmas and I wish you a happy new year.

Q007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who tell lies.
My GP (Dr Doom).
izzzi said:
Hi,Q007 :)

Hope your not to offended from my stupid hummer, it is just that I am on this so called vegan diet and I do miss bacon and what I would kill for a lamb chop.
Have a great Christmas and I wish you a happy new year.

I was offended and was stupid to be so, sorry. I try and fail to be funny on here sometimes as I'm finding the whole D experience a toughy so I guess I use humour to try and mask things up. It's me that should apologise and I do, thank you for the information that you gave. Compliments of the season to you too, hope to talk to you again. Kind regards, Q..