Yippee

shez

After sticking my head in the sand for many years, I have finally realised I need to do something my last blood test 2 months ago came in at 11 so not good DN checked my sugar levels there it was 2 hours after breakfast of 2crumpets with butter and a cup of tea and it was at 15.6 !!!!!
I was put on to lyxumia injections and have since been roaming this site, I have cut the carbs right down not saying I' perfect it's been a learning curve I have lost some weight not sure how much but my jeans fall down and I have just had 2 normal readings before lunch 5.9 and 2 hours later 6.6 how chuffed am I
But what I am really struggling with is I am missing having something sweet ie biscuits or chocolate any ideas at the min I am using willpower !

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have Lindt 90% dark chocolate. I only need a couple of squares and I'm happy. Any dark chocolate over 70% should help you satisfy your chocolate craving! it's got less carbs than milk chocolate. :)

Reactions: 4 people

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done, great result so far. I have small pieces of 85% or 90% chocolate, or a teaspoon of peanut butter. I use a sweetener (xylitol) occasionally in cakes -- there are recipes in the food & nutrition section.

Reactions: 2 people

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sugar Free jelly is great for a sweet treat. Just make up into small containers and keep in your fridge

Reactions: 2 people