Yo Yo blood glucose, despite eating the exact same thing.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Thank you. I couldn't get through to 111 last time, I was on the phone for 2 and a half hours and gave up. I agree though, I just wish getting ketones tested was easier than having to buy a relatively expensive monitor.

You can buy urine testing strips from the chemist, which aren't a bad indicator.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
4 is nearing hypo. Don't you feel abit odd when you are at around 5?
It depends what your body is familiar with. Our bodies adapt pretty well.
If your body is used to values in the teens, 7 or 8 could feel hypo.
My partner, who does not have diabetes, tests occasionally. I have never seen a value from him higher than 5.2 and, after a cycle ride, he has been in the high 3s. He does not experience hypo symptoms. And nor should he as these values are normal.

Reactions: markpj31

markpj31

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes.
It depends what your body is familiar with. Our bodies adapt pretty well.
If your body is used to values in the teens, 7 or 8 could feel hypo.
My partner, who does not have diabetes, tests occasionally. I have never seen a value from him higher than 5.2 and, after a cycle ride, he has been in the high 3s. He does not experience hypo symptoms. And nor should he as these values are normal.

True. I went through a honeymoon phase in 2019 of BSG around 4-6's (somehow) and once I drank a bottle of wine, tested and it was 4 but didn't feel any different. Like you mentioned, I think it is based on where you normally sit blood sugar wise and what your body is used to.