1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Yo Yo blood glucose, despite eating the exact same thing.

Discussion in 'Type 2 with Insulin' started by markpj31, Jan 26, 2022.

1. EllieM

EllieM Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

You can buy urine testing strips from the chemist, which aren't a bad indicator.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. In Response

In Response Type 1 · Well-Known Member

It depends what your body is familiar with. Our bodies adapt pretty well.
    If your body is used to values in the teens, 7 or 8 could feel hypo.
    My partner, who does not have diabetes, tests occasionally. I have never seen a value from him higher than 5.2 and, after a cycle ride, he has been in the high 3s. He does not experience hypo symptoms. And nor should he as these values are normal.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. markpj31

markpj31 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

True. I went through a honeymoon phase in 2019 of BSG around 4-6's (somehow) and once I drank a bottle of wine, tested and it was 4 but didn't feel any different. Like you mentioned, I think it is based on where you normally sit blood sugar wise and what your body is used to.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook