Yoga as medicine

ianwj

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
I am now reading the above book by Tim McCall MD where it has a section on using yoga to reduce glucose to treat diabetes. Seems this has been used for some time with back up info and studies in both USA an India. This not a rapid process but has shown to work over time if you continue practice.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Yoga can relieve stress and stress can raise blood glucose levels, however, I should think that yoga would have to be an adjunct to diet and/or treatment rather than a stand alone approach to insulin resistant Diabetes.

Fazal Haque

Hi everyone
I had some personal experience with yoga/meditation and its effective in management of diabetes T2. In last five years or so, tried different diets but effectiveness was always short lived. My personal assessment about diet is that all such fad diets are difficult to maintain over a longer period of time especially when you see people around eating same food and still enjoying the life. So when I was fed up with keto, LCHF, all plant based diet etc, I turned toward something which is integral part of Indian holistic system of healing- Ayurvda. Doing yoga is something one can do daily for 15-30 minutes without feeling a dramatic change in life style. However the benefits include less mood swings, balanced approach towards people around, less emotional upsurge etc.
I personally feel that Diabetes is intrinsically associated to our emotional stress. When I am more at peace with self and world around me I observe that my diabetes is more in control. During those days when I am struggling with my environment, diabetes is more pathetic. Although there are scientific controlled research to prove meditation effectiveness in managing life style and auto immune diseases, but sadly the same is not part of any medical regimen. Meditation is priceless but no mainstream doctor recommend about using it alongwith meds.
I personally found it helpful and doing it daily. And definately I strongly recommend it to all...

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Yoga as medicine......interesting!
It will help if you have anxiety or stress with your diabetes BUT me, personally, much prefer insulin :)

Reactions: Choosehappy

JenniferM55

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Makes sense to me, I know I can 'think' my BP down by relaxing, I can also 'think' a basic level of pain away. I also suspect that faux sugar foods can cause an insulin reaction. Such a lot of life is happier and makes sense when we're 'giving out' nice vibes.

mansingh01

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone
I had some personal experience with yoga/meditation and its effective in management of diabetes T2. In last five years or so, tried different diets but effectiveness was always short lived. My personal assessment about diet is that all such fad diets are difficult to maintain over a longer period of time especially when you see people around eating same food and still enjoying the life. So when I was fed up with keto, LCHF, all plant based diet etc, I turned toward something which is integral part of Indian holistic system of healing- Ayurvda. Doing yoga is something one can do daily for 15-30 minutes without feeling a dramatic change in life style. However the benefits include less mood swings, balanced approach towards people around, less emotional upsurge etc.
I personally feel that Diabetes is intrinsically associated to our emotional stress. When I am more at peace with self and world around me I observe that my diabetes is more in control. During those days when I am struggling with my environment, diabetes is more pathetic. Although there are scientific controlled research to prove meditation effectiveness in managing life style and auto immune diseases, but sadly the same is not part of any medical regimen. Meditation is priceless but no mainstream doctor recommend about using it alongwith meds.
I personally found it helpful and doing it daily. And definately I strongly recommend it to all...

Hi - is there any yoga you recommend?

Reactions: Angelofthemarches

Life22MIH

This is one of the recommended Keto plan it’s reliable and changed my life to a healthy style with no need to search on Youtube about recipes for Diabetes of Keto or weight lose . The Good news its almost Free just for one dollars highly recommended guys !!! take a look

https://bit.ly/3AIgzaC

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
This is one of the recommended Keto plan it’s reliable and changed my life to a healthy style with no need to search on Youtube about recipes for Diabetes of Keto or weight lose . The Good news its almost Free just for one dollars highly recommended guys !!! take a look

https://bit.ly/3AIgzaC
HI, do you have any personal experience of any form of diabetes?

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yoga and meditation helps my diet controlled no meds type 2 diabetes in the sense that stress and anxiety raises my blood sugar levels, so keeping as calm as possible helps. That is all.