Yoghurt and berries

wizardo

Sorry to bang on about it, Manor Farm Smooth and Creamy is the finest yoghourt that I've ever tasted by some distance. There is no sharpness whatsoever, just a really creamy taste. I challenge non-yoghourt eaters to try it. It will change your perception of yoghourt. Another point, the full fat varieties are the ones to go for. Needless to say the stuff above is just that.

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
What do you have with it? Not had curry for a few weeks, never had it without rice! I threw away some peshwari nans i had in the freezer, but got a fresh cauli today though, might try that cauli rice ;)

Cauli rice, is this just raw cauliflower grated. I like cauliflower.
I am going to try a curry tomorrow, havnt made one since I have been testing.
Think I had better keep away from curry pastes, will use some dry spices.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Sorry to bang on about it, Manor Farm Smooth and Creamy is the finest yoghourt that I've ever tasted by some distance. There is no sharpness whatsoever, just a really creamy taste. I challenge non-yoghourt eaters to try it. It will change your perception of yoghourt. Another point, the full fat varieties are the ones to go for. Needless to say the stuff above is just that.
Good to know wizardo...but can't find anywhere in battersea london that sells it ::((

wizardo

Good to know wizardo...but can't find anywhere in battersea london that sells it ::((
Ok, I'll do some digging and let you know if there are any outlets. They make the stuff reasonably close to where I live. Failing that I'll be in Southfields/Wandsworth area shortly and I'll bring you some. How's about that!

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Ok, I'll do some digging and let you know if there are any outlets. They make the stuff reasonably close to where I live. Failing that I'll be in Southfields/Wandsworth area shortly and I'll bring you some. How's about that!
Wow what service!!!!

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you tried Alpro? I have the coconut one and it is delicious with blueberries and chopped nuts. It is a 'plant based alternative to yoghurt' - basically fermented soya. Low carb. Easy to get hold of!

Reactions: 2 people

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Cauli rice, is this just raw cauliflower grated. I like cauliflower.
I am going to try a curry tomorrow, havnt made one since I have been testing.
Think I had better keep away from curry pastes, will use some dry spices.
Yes just grate cauliflower and I fry mine in coconut oil with some garlic. Delicious and looks just like you are eating rice - mops up sauces well too!

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes just grate cauliflower and I fry mine in coconut oil with some garlic. Delicious and looks just like you are eating rice - mops up sauces well too!

I can't seem to find coconut oil in my local Asda

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Someone said " Fage" yoghurt. I had that with blueberries for breakfast. Sorry Fage is not for me. Asda special is much nicer.
Just as well we all have different tastes.

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have seen on this site that yoghurt, is ok to have. Some say Greek yoghurt.
I have a pot of Asda Greek style natural yogurt.
The carbohydrates are 4.9g. Per 100 g.
So it still has carbs, is this ok, or have I purchased the wrong one?
If ok, how much can I have?

Blueberries, how much carbs have they got, how many can I have? I love blueberries, could eat loads!
Help / advice on the above would be appreciated, thanks
Have just looked on the pot and Alpro coconut 'yoghurt' is 2.3g carbs per 100g. Small handful of blueberries should do it

Reactions: 2 people

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
They sell it in tesco, sainsbury and waitrose. Also health food shops but it might cost more there.

I only shop as Asda, I can throw a stone from my kitchen door to Asda car park. Believe me it's such a temptation, :-(

K

Kat100

Have you tried Alpro? I have the coconut one and it is delicious with blueberries and chopped nuts. It is a 'plant based alternative to yoghurt' - basically fermented soya. Low carb. Easy to get hold of!
Gosh thanks for that I love alpro , will look out for the coconut one ....:)

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@rowan - you don't have to eat a bowl full of yoghurt, just try a couple of smallish dollops (with or without your cream) and it will be easier to get down... I do quite like the tart taste and I remember being give real mouth puckering yoghurt in little glass bottles every morning for breakfast when I was on holiday in Dubrobvnik in the 1960s. It was quite different as well in texture to the greek style ones we have today.

I also make small amounts of sauce or salad dressing with my yoghurt mixed with tomato paste, or mustard or chopped chives.

And regarding curry, I used to cook a very yummy dry caulifower and potato curry (aloo gobi) to eat with curried meat or fish as a rice alternative. It's OK made without the potato too, and there are all sorts of different recipes for it, but this one is close to the recipe I use, though mine doesn't include the tomatoes or mint. You can add a side dish of yoghurt and diced cucumber with mint (or paprika) to eat with it.

Robbity

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@rowan - you don't have to eat a bowl full of yoghurt, just try a couple of smallish dollops (with or without your cream) and it will be easier to get down...

I didn't have a big bowl full, it came in a 500ml tub so I had to put it in something. And regardless of what I put it in, I hated it and have thrown the rest away. I can't see any point in forcing myself to eat something I hate the taste of.

junemc153

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I make my own using the Easiyo system (from Lakeland Plastics, the Range or Holland and Barrat). Get the unsweetened full fat greek. I find it much "milder" than others and not as cloying as some. Its really easy to do - you just put 500ml of cold water in the container, add the packet of mix and shake. You then top up the container with cold water. Add hot water to the "flask" up to the mark and put your yoghurt mix and container in there and leave for up to 12 hours. Put it in the fridge for a bit and you get 1kg of yoghurt. Keeps in the fridge for up to two weeks. You can add stevia or something similar if you like it a bit sweeter.