Yoghurts?

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
If you can find local full fat yoghurt ,the one that I buy is called Lancashire farms and is not as strong or thick as the Greek yoghurt also it contains local milk rather than imported which must be better .I add berries and full fat Jersey double cream as a pudding but I also freeze the yoghurt with berries to make a sorbet
CAROL
I've spotted this one in my local Quality Save - reasonably priced.

AvaK

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There are loads of recipes on line that you can make your own yogurt. Just use cream instead of milk.
http://www.ayearofslowcooking.com/2008/10/you-can-make-yogurt-in-your-crockpot.html?m=1
I think I'll just give yoghurt a pass, I'm not overly fond of it but if could've found a flavored one to buy would've done that, the kitchen and I are basically mortal enemies! I don't have a domestic gene in my body and have managed to stay out of the kitchen most of my life, yeah, shocking, but true lol

AvaK

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you can find local full fat yoghurt ,the one that I buy is called Lancashire farms and is not as strong or thick as the Greek yoghurt also it contains local milk rather than imported which must be better .I add berries and full fat Jersey double cream as a pudding but I also freeze the yoghurt with berries to make a sorbet
CAROL
thank you but think will pass on the yoghurt for time being

AvaK

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The best flavoured yoghurts are the full fat ones with fresh or frozen berries that you add yourself. You then have complete control. I actually add a dollop of Greek yoghurt to my little bowl of berries rather than the other way around - adding berries to yoghurt.

And as @Nicksu says you can add some flavouring or suitable for diabetics sweetener for variety.

But if you don't like Greek style yoghurt you don't have to include it in a low carb diet - it may be good for you but it's no way obligatory.

Robbity

PS The current yoghurts are nothing like the original mouth puckering :wacky: ones I can remember from when they first became available in the UK - NO sugar in them!!
yes, think am going to have to pass on the yoghurts for now anyway, might be something I can try at a later date, thank you

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes it's low carb wise, I did check that, it's the full fat type, not the low or diet one.
be careful the Anchor one has 7.3g of carbs per 100g nearly 3 times that of reg cream... may be better to whip up some double cream yourself.

Greenandgold

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
yes, think am going to have to pass on the yoghurts for now anyway, might be something I can try at a later date, thank you

I don't like yoghurt either, when I fancy something sweet I have a couple of dollops of mascarpone with a bit of honey on, mascarpone is a godsend:cool: