Yoghurts

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have Fage Full Fat Greek Yogurt and add a few raspberries.

Perhaps you could wander round the yogurt shelves in your supermarket and check the nutrition labels for Total Carbohydrate per 100g. then pick the lowest. Any low fat or fruity ones will be higher in carbs.

Reactions: dbr10

BrianTheElder

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Snide people
Waitrose Greek natural strained yoghurt, 3.7g carbs/sugars, 10.2g fat.

Reactions: dbr10

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
Does this have to be plain yoghurt or can it be flavoured, I don't like plain.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Does this have to be plain yoghurt or can it be flavoured, I don't like plain.

Flavoured normally have more sugar. Plain ones are great, all you have to do is add a few strawberries or raspberries, seeds or nuts, and hey presto - a flavoured yogurt!

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
My local health food shop were recommending coconut milk yoghurt yesterday. Don't remember the detail but supposedly very low carb and much nicer taste than soya milk ones.

bamba

Type of diabetes
Type 2
There's an Alpr soya based coconut flavoured yoghurt with 2.5 grams of carb per 100 ml.
The Co-op are currently selling 2x450 ml pots for £2.

blanc71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Alpro with coconut then add raspberries or Lidl full fat greek(little mini bucket size £1.37) again with raspberries

D

Deleted member 371625

SKYR Icelandic style yoghurt, if you fancy low carb, and low fat.
4g carbs & 0.2g fat per 100g (also 11g protein)

Very thick and creamy, though I usually go for full fat Greek unless I have already put belly pork, bacon, and lamb chops in my basket.

Dusty911

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My local health food shop were recommending coconut milk yoghurt yesterday. Don't remember the detail but supposedly very low carb and much nicer taste than soya milk ones.
Coconut milk yoghurt in Tesco's 4g per 100 of carbs I believe but pricey at £3.50 per medium sized tub. Tends to solidify if not eaten within a couple of days.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Lidls do a wonderful Greek yoghurt - assorted coconut, honey etc but better sticking to the plain full fat Greek yoghurt and adding berries if you like

mu0chn

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I Find that Greek yoghurt is very smooth and easy to eat, too easy to eat! Not tried adding anything to it yet because I am not sure what to try. Not a great lover of coconut but would like to make it a bit more substantial for breakfast.

KathyCP

Type of diabetes
Type 2
i also do full fat greek yoghurt + fruit (berries, pear and/or apple) + nuts, once or twice a day - and sometimes i just eat it on its own. i used to hate plain yoghurt, but i've found as i've cut out sugar and carbs, that my tastes have changed so much that i really enjoy it even on its own now.