Yogurt…..

Lillytan

I can any one tell me the best name/brand yogurt to buy as I’m getting confused with them all. I know any with added fruit are not good, but thought if I had a low carb/sugar one and added my own fruit (berries) that would be ok for lunch or a snack.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A lot of us use Greek yoghurt usually around 5g carbs per 100g, watch what fruit you add, berries are the lowest carb generally.

Reactions: EllieM and johnme

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I get the Fage or SKYR one or even Aldis/Tescos/Morrisons own make, I have heard others buy the cream one from Lidl - I should have said these are all greek yoghurts btw

D

Deleted member 543160

I've eaten normal fat Greek (mainly Fage 5%) yoghurt for many years - since well before I ever became diabetic. I often add my own low carb fruit, seeds and/or nuts , and sometimes use it as a basis for a sauce.

I've never seen any sense in taking a food that nature intended to contain nutrients in the form of fats, and remove these, often replacing them with other "stuff" to make it palatable again.o_O

belfastbiker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being so big I have my own postcode.
I can any one tell me the best name/brand yogurt to buy as I’m getting confused with them all. I know any with added fruit are not good, but thought if I had a low carb/sugar one and added my own fruit (berries) that would be ok for lunch or a snack.

I just got into proper Greek Yoghurt today, and it's fabulous stuff. Not "Natural Yoghurt", not "Greek Style Yoghurt", but the good stuff.

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
I am very fond of Aldi Brooklea plain Greek style Yoghurt. Cheap, creamy and without the acidic tang of natural yoghurts.

sunspots

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I used to eat Fage full fat, but it is soooo expensive! Still, it is tasty, filling and low carb.

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
I have Sainsburys Greek style full fat yogurt and it doesn't spike my sugar - tried every other one and had problems but this one is okay - at the moment!