People who try to tell me what to do

Type 2 diagnosed 2010 1 metformin twice a day

Karbstruck

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
injustice
67 I suspected I had it for a quite few years before that, but I was scared to get diagnosed.
I feel relieved, rather than shocked, now that I have a diet and exercise goal.
Wish I had had the courage to get diagnosed sooner. :banghead:

Type 2, diagnosed Dec 2013. 500mg Metformin x 2

Serena51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bigots, racists, homophobes
53 but I had symptoms for at least 10 years prior to that.

Ann Rose

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Mushrooms, beets, violence and mean people.
43.99 (one month before my 44th birthday, on Christmas Eve). i recall an elevated A1C a year or two earlier, but kind of put it to the side and didn't take immediate action.

popsy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Crowds of people, my idea of hell would be a huge gathering of any sort!

Heights, scare me to death!
Liars, cheats. poseurs, any kind of violence, thieves and people who take advantage of others.

The way the world is going to hell in a handbasket.

Global warming, the melting ice caps, whaling..I mean what for?!

Cruelty

Having to give up my eat everything philosophy..and I really really dislike consequences.
55 but Doc reckons I had had it for years and looking back I can certainly see all the symptoms although I had no idea what they were. Things such as driving and almost falling asleep! :eek:

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

missed first symptoms (loss of 2 stone for no reason) 2 years earlier

bernie.freeman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
selfish people
I was 29 when I was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes( 29 years ago) was advised all was well after the birth. I was diagnosed as type 2 about 15years ago.

Monkey201

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
45 & only found out when went for a pre op assessment.

T2, Metformin 850 Mg (1 tablet twice daily), venlafaxine 75mg (1 tablet daily), buscopan 10mg (2 tablets 4 times daily)

Hi nutty, I see you're on Venlafaxine. I was on this but after a few years, it started making me ill, nauseous & retching whenever I walked more than a few feet, dry mouth, constant excessive sweating, etc. I didn't realise it's such a strong anti-depressant/anxiety drug that is harsh on the system until 3 different consultants said so, asking why I was on such a high dose (225g daily). It causes bad problems for many - just thought I'd let you know in case you want to move to a better drug, unless you're ok on it. I was recommended Duloxetine by my diabetes consultant and have never looked back, although initially sceptical. If only someone had told me years earlier, I'd have saved myself the worsening 1-2 years nightmare that was Venlafaxine. I also figured from the Buscopan that you may be stressed/have IBS/CFS (like me)? Again, Duloxetine apparently helps ease the pains associated with such illnesses, which painkillers are useless for.

Monkey201

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
38 & was devastated - thought my life was over. Got used to it slowly over time but still hate it & 43 next week! Also, diet & pills both failed - been on insulin since Jan 14, as well as daily Metformin (2g). betablockers, statins, anti-depressants :-(

Joss52

54 -about 8years ago. Overweight most of my life and little exercise. Also, an older sister with type 2 developing to insulin dependent. To date, it is now controlled by tablets.

Karen.G.

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
27 years old - only got diagnosed as I have PCOS and it came up in the blood work!