Your age when diagnosed with type 2?

ste77isk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a few things, but have a good sense of humour.
One month before my 60th Birthday to which my eldest son had booked my surprise birthday party with all the trimmings, broke my heart that I couldn't eat any of the cake or have a celebratory drink : (

Soxx

I was 60 - that was 20 years ago.
I was not so surprised as my mother was diabetic. I was not overweight at the time but since getting older
and recentlly having had hip replacement which made me very immobile I am not very happy that the pounds
have crept on.

Diamond Wedding coming up in 3 weeks time and I think a small celebratory drink will be allowed!

Reactions: 4 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

I was 60 - that was 20 years ago.
I was not so surprised as my mother was diabetic. I was not overweight at the time but since getting older
and recentlly having had hip replacement which made me very immobile I am not very happy that the pounds
have crept on.

Diamond Wedding coming up in 3 weeks time and I think a small celebratory drink will be allowed!
Hi Soxx and welcome to the forum.

Congratulations on your forthcoming anniversary :happy:

Reactions: 2 people

Rob Mitchell

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So today I had indian take out (biryani) wanted to check if good or bad for me... Bg went 10.5... 2 hours after eating... So I decided to walk for 20mins and then checked in 30mins my bs had gone up to 11.5.. I thought walking was good to bring sugar down ? :(

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

pipwizard

Rob I've noticed that myself lol bit annoying exercise never puts my glucose down but just let it go down naturally drink water bout half hour after say a good glassful that always helps and rob don't give up on exercise it still good for you xxxxx

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

mine

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
diagnosed 2013 January age 37. now controlled by diet. had my gall bladder removed in 2010, blood test then showed normal glucose level. but ultrasound showed fatty liver.