Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogance, awkward people
Oh dear.

I think i may have seen the movie they made about it
Island Life....;)

*great movie btw ..one of my favs,,
Ed harris / sean connery and LOTS of action, whats not to love..:D

Funnily enough there is currently a programme on C4 about our prison, 'the Best Little Prison in Britain'. Weds 8pm. It gets a lot of stick in social meeja here for being too lax and a 'holiday camp'. It also has the lowest re-offending rate of any prison in the British Isles, so it works, unlike most prisons. The programme is not really fully representative as it avoids the nasty offences and sex offenders wings but it is well run - I used to put people in there for a living in my last job before retiring. That avatar was taken as I received an award for doing so, quite well apparently.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
On a side note one year in....and i find out they have a diabetic doctor at the practise....:banghead:

I do hope your diabetic doctor is more informed than the professional pertaining to be 'the expert' at my health centre, Medication, Medication and scary insulin dependent stories if I refuse to take them, but refuse I did.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Like others my partner is so important, we both cook but she is much quicker than I am with the maths when looking at carbs in food which really helps keep me around 35grams per day.

I have to say all my family have been supportive and at family dinners, of which we have many, they all make an effort to produce low carb meals.

Friends have been the same, checking what I am eating before going to their homes for social meals.

In fact I have been extremely lucky as I play in a folk band and sing in two choirs where lots of beer, cake and wine is consumed and with out exception all have been totally supportive and understanding, although there is lots of humour about my T2D, loss of weight and what I eat but that's OK it all helps.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think they are all on holiday at the moment. :D
I spoke to Mrs W at the local surgery and she said she can’t get much done as she is covering for those who are on holiday or because they are all on holiday.

D

Deleted member 308541

When I was at the GP's yesterday, I noticed most of the South African doctors doors were open, meaning they were not there.

My GP was running about 30 minutes late before I got into see him for my blood test request form and follow up from the cardiologist last week.

Reactions: jjraak