You've just got Diabetes. If you weren't confusde before, you soon will be.

annelise

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unfriendly and bigotted persons; i.e. persons who do not have an open or enquiring mind - but all within reason - persons may have a reason to appear as such - we will never know their backgrounds or where they come from ...
I am pretty amazed at this thread and at the turn it has taken.

Having diabetes (mind you: I am careful with my wording here) does not mean that you cannot have an occasional pint of your favourite brew. Only watch the carbohydrates a bit. Your meter will tell you how much you may indulge.

Also, I don't consider myself as a 'sufferer' or as especially having a 'disease'. I have regulated some eating habits, though, which may be more difficult for some than others.

Skydiver, once your anger about being diabetic has abated, I hope you will be doing fine - with whichever way you choose to follow.

annelise

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
image.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

skydiver

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Having diabetes (mind you: I am careful with my wording here) does not mean that you cannot have an occasional pint of your favourite brew. Only watch the carbohydrates a bit. Your meter will tell you how much you may indulge.

Also, I don't consider myself as a 'sufferer' or as especially having a 'disease'. I have regulated some eating habits, though, which may be more difficult for some than others.

Skydiver, once your anger about being diabetic has abated, I hope you will be doing fine - with whichever way you choose to follow.

annelise
No problem with genuine/constructive comments. Just get my amusement at reading some of the sarcastic bile emanating from the losers who inhabit these threads.

annelise
No problem or anger with genuine/constructive comments. No "anger" with my disease either. Just get some amusement at reading the sarcastic bile emanating from the losers club who inhabit/troll these threads. Good luck to them. They're pathetic. Thanks to the genuine contributors who made an effort to provide some sociable replies
Truth is, I haven't had more than a pint of beer occasionally (where does it say otherwise?) since I was diagnosed 10 years ago.
:happy:

TTFN.

phyden

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
cold callings
Hi, Welcome

you dont want to drink beer without knowing the sugar content because you are trying to control your diabetes? dont drink beer lol its easy! or drink it and dont worry about your condition, you cant have your sugar free cake and eat it :) people with peanut allergies dont eat peanuts, metaphorically you have a sugar allergy, i think your angry because youve been diagnosed, this is perfectly understandable, we all go through this, theres alot to learn, i would suggest having a look through the forum and ask questions of us, if you have them

in answer to your original question, how much sugar in beer? too much

Re the part about peanuts, funny you tell some one and they accept it, Now I have a Alergy I cannot eat onions and well if you buy even tin food yes it has some form of them in, ok I can get away with powdered but that is the limit, Now before I got the fun of getting my nice new illness called Diabetes 2 I spent hours in the super markets turning ready meal over to check it had onions in, Well my friends all that is finished as well no more ready meals
now I spend my time checking food for the carp content.
Odd how ones life changes, I used to spend hours on the computer writing stories now I spend most of my spare time trying to lose my big gut, well I set of doing five miles a day on my bike in my bedroom I am now doing 14 miles split into two 7 periods so coming on the computer is well rather short lived as well I got the food in the fridge and one then needs to fathom how to make a interesting meal that is well within my allowance and yes I have lots of nice cook books but well yes I have tried some but well I need to delete the onions as a start and some of the herbs and well I go get some rather odd tasting meals .LOL, but well at least with D2 there is no chance to be bored.
I got up yesterday morning at 6-00am and yes it is my day to get weigh yes a nice surprise I lost almost a kilo I am now down to 73.8, my plan is, when I saw my Doctor on Jan27 I was 80 kilo's I want to be 70 when next I see him in may.

Well I must close as well the washer has stopped and I have to hang the sheets out so I can make it rain. ROTFL
and well yes lunch has to be got ready, yes well more rabbit food and one sardine and no bred and a small baked apple, to drink
you know Water,mm and not from the tap. bye for now, hope my renderings will make you laugh, or well just lift your spirits
Yours Phyden

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Whoo hoo we have a pink frog slapper ,a swedish chef akna a grumpy old woman I didnt post on this thread cause I am an even more grumpy old woman Go Forum :woot::woot:
CAROL

Reactions: 2 people