megan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
dishonesty and ********
Hi Steve04,

Allthough you have made your decision already you might still be interested te learn about the Ypsopump. If not, maybe it is of relevance for others.

This week I changed from the Insight to the Ypsopump. Just a few days of experience but I can give you what I found some pro's and con's for me personally. I have diabetes for 40 years and wanted a simple pump. I do not use a boluscalculator, FGM or CGM.

- I wanted a simple pump that is as small as possible: I am very happy with the compact and light Ypsopump. Although the difference in weight and dimensions seems neglibible, for me this is a valuable improvement.
- My skin reacts with thickening from in the past all the injections and now from the inserted canulas. The Insight only comes with teflon canulas and with the Ypsopump I have the possibility to try the steel canulas.
- It is quite a job to get used to the touchscreen of the Ypsopump but once your familiar with it, it works very userfriendly and quick.
- I had trouble with unlocking the Insight manually: pushing the three button so quickly often failed and I had to try several times. The Ypsopump is easier to unlock.
- Giving a blind bolus is much easier on the Insight.
- Giving a standard, slow or mixed bolus on the Ypsopump works faster on the Ypsopump.
- The infusionsets and canulas of the Insight are better protected against pricking into your fingers after use than those of the Ypsopump.
- I find the inserter of the Ypsopump much easier to use than the one of the Insight.
- I used 100cm thread and have to get used to only 80cm with the Ypsopump. 100cm was very comfortable when having the canula in my arm.
- The Insight has more options, for example if you want the sound of a warning harder or softer.
- The Insight as a better organised way of looking at history data per category. The Ypsopump only gives one long list, with all data gathered. These are split in historic actions and historic warnings.
- The Insight has a better personalized option for the warning to replace the insulin cartridge. With the Ypsopump that comes in a very late stage, which means for me that I have to learn to check very frequently myself, how much insulin is in it.
- The infusionsets and canulas of the Ypsopump are packed in larger blisters which I find inconvenient and bad for the environment.

I found it a difficult choice and still think both pumps come very close to each other.

Rianne

- Giving a standard, slow or mixed bolus on the Ypsopump works faster on the Ypsopump...... why do you find this ? Thanks

alohanicky2009

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Fish , bad manners,
Good luck I hope it goes really well for you
I have a date to ‘trial’ the ypsomed one life pump but will make sure it is a test to see how I get on and not a decision. I wish the tandem t slim was available as I probably would have chosen that model but the health trust has decided not to use it (cost, another pump that dsn need to know how to use , ) reasons I was given ,

alohanicky2009

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Fish , bad manners,
Good luck I hope it goes really well for you

I did the trial on Ypsomed a lovely small light pump , but connection to Bluetooth was variable and at times too along time , but also found the adhesive coming unstuck , plus the app didn’t acknowledge low BG , so clinic has agreed to fund the Medtronic 640G so looking at that pump , but I did like t`slim but clinic has decided not to go with it , back on the vibe and stocking supplies

vic hill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
looking on this YPSOMED feed back from 2019 i am about to apply for this pump
which to be honest not looking forward to for 4 years
what if i can not get on with it and i have to use my phone to .......
but all others i have looked at very ODD upload of insulin syringe in turn it upside ie
were
YPSOMED insert a VIAL OF NOVORAPID and maybe less air in line i hope so one inproves on some items backwards on other mind you i do not do PORTIONS only CARBS PER WEIGHT BUT ON OLD OZ LBS now it GRAMS
o well just have to go only or ????
keep safe and well VIC

Dustydog

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have been using the Ypsomed pump now for a year and it’s a super little pump. Easy to use and operate. The only down side recently has been that I use an I-phone and the I-cloud connectivity isn’t always working but on a a day to day basis its the best pump I have used so far.

Gemma2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Love my Ypsomed pump until the last week. The battery in the pump is lasting a day and a half. Can't work out what is going wrong. Can some kind person help me out please.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Have you tried ringing their technical Helpline? For most pumps it's available 24/7. Hope you can get it sorted out soon.

Gemma2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I did phone ypso and was told me they would send me a box of batteries and to phone them back in a weeks time. I know there is a fault with the pump itself. A battery still only lasting a day and a half.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sorry they weren't more helpful. What about the hospital team, have you spoken to them?

Gemma2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Been in touch with Ypso area business manager who set my Pump up originally. Very relieved. Thanks for your replies.
Best wishes

Reactions: Hopeful34

The_Quick_One

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Love my Ypsomed pump until the last week. The battery in the pump is lasting a day and a half. Can't work out what is going wrong. Can some kind person help me out please.
Hi Gemma.
I have been using Ypsomed pump 6 years.
After about 4 years, I had similar issues.
Ypso and QE hospital Birmingham diabetic clinic, sorted with a new pump.
I think pump has integral battery as well as AAA batteries. It's probably ran down.
Regards
Ian Edwards

vic hill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
- Giving a standard, slow or mixed bolus on the Ypsopump works faster on the Ypsopump...... why do you find this ? Thanks
A HA now this is all very interesting as i will be moved of YPSOMED PUMP NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO IT i do like being controlled by a smart phone as both acc-chek and freestyle libra have downloads had issues with acc-chek and freestyle is a guide only blood sugar accurate is pretty good at certain levels but in the higher range mm
but like as with climate change we are being forced in buying things which are only as good as the user and what we tell it
i would like my own CDM but not liking the old way of insulin loading
thanks for all you advice like my skin like a tough old hide absorbing insulin can be slow but will work 66 years on jabs no longer can do on arms or legs stomach and side s are still ok
good luck vic 1957 3 jabs one urine test that's was fun

vic hill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have been using the Ypsomed pump now for a year and it’s a super little pump. Easy to use and operate. The only down side recently has been that I use an I-phone and the I-cloud connectivity isn’t always working but on a a day to day basis its the best pump I have used so far.

vic hill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
i like what you are have said looks good YPSOMED PUMP
like driveing an ELECTRICE CAR MM WERE IS THE NOISE AND NEXT FILL UP MM and if you see on the road at night we are full of side light that go all the way around or brake light across s the great to see
thank your the best PUMP you have used THINK ONCE I GET PAST THE FIRST DAY I AGREE BUT ME AND smart phone s not good take care vic

fozzie84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Out of curiosity what other pumps have you had? I have been looking at the Ypsomed, currently on the Insight. And what makes you say it's the best pump - is it the size, cartridges, interface etc..?

Gemma2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Gemma.
I have been using Ypsomed pump 6 years.
After about 4 years, I had similar issues.
Ypso and QE hospital Birmingham diabetic clinic, sorted with a new pump.
I think pump has integral battery as well as AAA batteries. It's probably ran down.
Regards
Ian Edwards

Gemma2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Great excitement. It has just arrived. I thought I was going crazy with battery issue. Sitting on buses and out eating and low battery warning was going off.
Sorry to hear you had same problem and happy you got new pump.