Ypsomed my life insulin pump

Gemma2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Out of curiosity what other pumps have you had? I have been looking at the Ypsomed, currently on the Insight. And what makes you say it's the best pump - is it the size, cartridges, interface etc..?

Gemma2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Fozzie.
I was previously on Insight which had handset with it which I loved. Now on ypso which I like as I like the Prefilled cartridges as it is easy to see but I don't use a Smartphone which is a drawback when I am out. Only drawback no handset unlike the Insight.

vic hill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
NICE ALROUND REPORTS as i soon will made to change from SPIRIT COMBO and to be honest not looking forward as i am prehistoric
but all looks good agreed i would prefer flat needle base as others have said its to proud
keep on pumping to my best but BLUETOOTH MMMM
VIC

fozzie84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Fozzie.
I was previously on Insight which had handset with it which I loved. Now on ypso which I like as I like the Prefilled cartridges as it is easy to see but I don't use a Smartphone which is a drawback when I am out. Only drawback no handset unlike the Insight.
I am currently on the Insight so good to know it was a good switch. I do have a smartphone so if that's the main drawback for you, hopefully that won't be for me :/ waiting to see if I can get a sensor provided that works with the ypso so I don't have to give up looping, but I am not holding my breath. Suspect I will hang into the Insight for a little while yet!

THH

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Been on Ypsopump for 5 years now...and upgraded to latest version last year....and been using their Loop-System (called my life-Loop...which is the same algorithm as the CamApsFX) together with FreestyleLibre 3 since January of 2023. Very happy with the pump (simple, easy to use, small, has all the functions I need) ...and my HbA1c are now between 5.4 and 5.8 since using the loop (with very few hypo's...or only self induced ones by overcounting carbs :) ). Thus a very happy user !

Reactions: Rianne

THH

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Reasons why I chose the Ypsopump were:
1) size (small) ... especially against Minimed (which I had used the 20 years before) where each pump got bigger and bigger with lots of stuff added that I never used(or needed)
2) easy to use (touchscreen; very few functions; not overloaded)
3) pre-filled cartridges available (at least for the insulins I am using)
4) very responsive customer service and support from their team (i.e. induction into the pump)

I was not so happy with the infusion sets at first ...had more injection site reactions than I had on the Minimed. thus need to ensure I change the set every 3 days (while with Minimed I was able to go longer without issues).

Now, since they collaborated with CamApsFX and developed the my-life.loop system I am even more convinced. Very happy user (Ypsopump, FS3, mylifeloop).

Reactions: Rianne