1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

YUK!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lrw60, Dec 24, 2013.

1. lrw60

lrw60 · Well-Known Member

:yuck:
    I don't like this new format at all. It is messy and un-friendy. Where do I find my old posts?
    I will log back on in a few weeks time and if I still find it as it is now I don't think I will log on again.

Bad, Bad move.
    Lee.

2. noblehead

noblehead Type 1 · Guru
    Retired Moderator

Admittedly it's different but I quite like it. The old forum was slow and sometimes took forever and a day to load, hopefully those days are behind us now and no such problems will occur, if your having trouble navigating around the new forum ask Giverny (forum admin) for help.

3. chubbyian

chubbyian Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I must say I really like it. It is open and, I think, friendly and welcoming. I find it easier to navigate find/ follow posts. Some of he new features, like the ability to follow a thread without having commented on it are really good :cool: from me it gets a big well done, and a thank you. But then that is only my opinion. ;)

4. carty

carty Type 2 · Well-Known Member

How did you get in with the wrong user name I had to change my password and jump through hoops and I darnt try to post a smilie cos my posts dissapear I am claiming old age and poverty !!!!!

5. carty

:rolleyes:I did it:D
    CAROL

• Like Like x 3
  6. paul-1976

paul-1976 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

:);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O:angelic::arghh::bag::banghead::bigtears::blackeye::bookworm::bored::borg::brb::cat::chicken::clown::coldfeet::couchpotato::cyclops::dead::depressed::doctor::dummy::dummy1::stop::stinkyfeet::spitoutdummy::spam::sour::sorry::snaphappy::smug::singing::shy::shifty::pompous::playful::pics::oldman::nurse::nailbiting::meh::mask::lurking::lock::link::joyful::jimlad::inpain::hungry::hungover::hilarious::headphone::happy::grumpy::greedy::facepalm::wacky::watching::wideyed::woot::writer::***::yuck:

Couldn't resist-sorry! LOL

7. carty

OK Clever clogs:pompous: ONLY IN FUN
    CAROL

8. AnnieC

AnnieC · Guest

Yes I was wondering where our own posts had gone I liked that because you could go straight to those if you just wanted to look at the answers.
    It seems also that some new posts disappear from the new post list as soon as someone answers them and if you did not make a note of the forum they were posted on you can't find them again
    Must say I prefered the old format

9. Andy12345

Andy12345 Type 2 · Expert

given the choice, which i am not being given of course, id go back to the old format BUT I'm getting used to it and reckon ill be totally used to it soon and not even remember the old, i think you have to give it a chance, it'd be a shame to leave without giving it a fair crack

10. dumpy222

dumpy222 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I like it!! However the Android app does not let you start a new thread which is really annoying

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

11. lrw60

lrw60 · Well-Known Member

I said it before and I'll say it again. YUK!!!!!
    This site was so user friendly, now it's a mess.

Thanks to all who have replied to my questions in the past, I hope you get on better with this new format than I have.
    Time to say goodbye, I don't like this new format at all.
    LRW60.

12. 2christine

2christine Type 2 · Well-Known Member

where's mongoose,????????

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook