Yummy pancakes

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Just made some scrummy American pancakes or as we know them scotch pancakes.
I didn't actually measure anything so this is a guesstimate.

3 eggs, whisked
Then in another bowl I put in a half a teaspoon of baking powder or bicarb
A heaped dessertspoon of coconut flour, same of almond flour and same of protein powder.
I whisked it all together, I didn't have any milk so let it down with a little water.
For sweetener I buy wild honey and use a tsp of it, but if you are ok with fake sugar a tsp of that would be ok.
Cook like pancakes, you need to keep an eye because they can burn. But they don't take long to cook.
I served them with bacon and maple syrup from lowcarbmegastore. Lush and hit the spot. I have served them with lightly stewed berries before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 5 people

Jill the tt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
unkindness

3 eggs, whisked
A heaped dessertspoon of coconut flour, same of almond flour and same of protein powder.
I whisked it all together, I didn't have any milk so let it down with a little water.
For sweetener I buy wild honey and use a tsp of it, but if you are ok with fake sugar a tsp of that would be ok.
Cook like pancakes, you need to keep an eye because they can burn. But they don't take long to cook.
I served them with bacon and maple syrup from lowcarbmegastore. Lush and hit the spot. I have served them with lightly stewed berries before.

sounds lovely will try them:)

sunspots

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Oh. I missed this post before dashing off mine this morning :facepalm: Still, it's another American pancake recipe - although it sounds better then the usual ones.

A

AnnieC

3 eggs, whisked
Not sure why protein powder has to be added what does it do??

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
It doesn't really. I made them yesterday without it. But it does add flavour, I ran out of vanilla essence and the protein powder is vanilla flavoured.