Zero carb crunchers.

mat1uk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Apologies if these have all ready been posted but I found these in my local B&M 20p per packet <0.1g of carbs 99 calories. Also come in sea salt and vinegar and chilli flavors

Attachments

• 1409997629242.jpg
    1409997629242.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 576

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Apologies if these have all ready been posted but I found these in my local B&M 20p per packet <0.1g of carbs 99 calories. Also come in sea salt and vinegar and chilli flavors

whats B&M please? id like to try them

Reactions: zand

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Looking at the ingredients they are just Pork Scratchings, I'm sure they all are around a similar value carb wise.

Reactions: 2 people

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yep but less salt
If you're low carbing, you need more salt. The whole "low salt" thing being healthy is predicated on the common high-carb diet. People on high carb diets need to watch salt. People on low carb diets need more salt, unless they have some other medical reason to reduce it.

Salt and fat - two nutritional "bad guys" that took the rap when the real bad guy all along was carbs.

Reactions: 4 people

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Calling them "zero carb" is overstating it. They are 6% carb, like lower carb nuts.

I don't think manufacturers should be allowed to turn a rounding error into a product claim, let alone a product name.

Still, handy to know about.

Reactions: 5 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Stuff like that wouldn't help a lot of people because a lot of people need to change old habits and just reaching for another crispy snack means not much is changing mentally emotionally spiritually.
That's just me though.
I see myself as having caught a very very serious disease ... I know many people like to play it down but the simple truth is is that this is a very serious condition.
For me ... I have to approach it like that or I'll lose.

Reactions: 6 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Stuff like that wouldn't help a lot of people because a lot of people need to change old habits and just reaching for another crispy snack means not much is changing mentally emotionally spiritually.
That's just me though.
I see myself as having caught a very very serious disease ... I know many people like to play it down but the simple truth is is that this is a very serious condition.
For me ... I have to approach it like that or I'll lose.
Yes I agree with you. I took a long time to break the habit of reaching for a 'pack of something'. I wouldn't want to go back to that now.

Reactions: 4 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Yes I agree with you. I took a long time to break the habit of reaching for a 'pack of something'. I wouldn't want to go back to that now.
Funny thing is is I never did.
No fizzy drinks no sweets chocolates crisps the usual suspects ... just not me.
I was always a healthy weight and if anything under weight.
Then I damaged my back ... tablets that warn of possible weight gain when in reality weight gain is the number one bad side affect of ... Gabapentin.
Plus going from being very active to less so and now hardly.
Well the pounds just piled on.
From 14stone at just under six foot three to eighteen stone in a matter of weeks and then diabetes!
It would be unrealistic for me to try and get back to 14stn now so my target is fifteen ... I'm heading in the right direction and thanks to you lot and this site my bloods are mostly under control. too.
Without you lot I would not be recovering I would actually be getting worse ... which is kind of scary really.
A load of strange sick people are a million times more reliable than all those dicky bowtie wearing graduates put together.
Thank you everyone of you ... even the ones I've maybe and hopefully helped just a little ln some way because that helps me too.

Reactions: 7 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well unlike you @JACKTHELAD , I had the lot of them, fizzy drinks, chocolate and crisps! Not anymore though.

Yes I too have just started taking some tablets which say 'possible weight gain'. They are making me very hungry. I used to be able to just stop eating when I had had enough. Now I never reach that point so I am having to be very careful and I'm hungry all the time, no matter how much fat I put into my diet.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Yes tell me about it. Anti-depressants! They're going to make me depressed again because I'm hungry all the time!
Mind me asking what they are?

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Citalopram
Thanx will have a quick read up on it as someone close to me is about to go on anti depressants come Monday morning ... no idea what yet.