Zoë Harcombe Speaks up .....

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Rachox, that was interesting, thank you. I notice a lot of her meal ideas contain rice and baked potatoes and pasta, so I'm guessing she isn't necessarily advocating very low carbs just reducing them as you say which I know some prefer to very low carb.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Rachox, that was interesting, thank you. I notice a lot of her meal ideas contain rice and baked potatoes and pasta, so I'm guessing she isn't necessarily advocating very low carbs just reducing them as you say which I know some prefer to very low carb.
Indeed but I guess it’s lower than the Eatwell Plate and Jo Public’s diet these days.

Reactions: sninge

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Plus she isn't a T2 (or T1 for that matter) just advocates lower carbs and freshly prepared food. One very smart lady though.. her destruction of much dietary dogma makes great reading.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Plus she isn't a T2 (or T1 for that matter) just advocates lower carbs and freshly prepared food. One very smart lady though.. her destruction of much dietary dogma makes great reading.

Yep, I enjoyed reading the excerpt, might buy her book!

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Every GP and dietician should be tied to a chair and made to listen to Zoe's myth busting on CICO. At least twice!

NB Not all at the same time because that would just be... silly.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Zoë’s reply on Twitter to some one asking why rice is present on her meal plans
“The book explains how to eat carb-protein meals or fat-protein meals. Diabetics should focus on fat-protein meals, but most people are not diabetic. It's about how to eat real food in the optimal way to lose weight.”