Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dear Forum members,

We have been contacted by a reputable company called Zsweet Europe, they are a small

company that have just launched Europe’s first All Natural sweetener, it is Zero calorie,

Zero glycemic load, Zero aftertaste. It is perfect for diabetics and they wish to find 20

people from our forum to sample their product in return for posting a response on the

website.

If you are interested please drop me an email with your name and home address to :

[email protected] - Your data will be 100 per cent secure and we won't use it beyond this trial.

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi Everyone, we still have some samples of this sweetener lying around. It has passed trials as being safe for people with diabetes. Let me know on the email above if you'd like some sent out. Regards, Dan

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya dan,
i wouldnt mind trying it if poss
thanx amanda :D

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Mine came today and i've had one in coffee. Tastes fine

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I have mine and keep a couple of sachets in my pocket for if I have a coffee somewhere. I'm surprised that there are still places which don't provide sweeteners. I do a health walk each week in a village and we gather afterwards in the pub. Not only is the coffee expensive (£2 a cup), but they only have sugar on the bar.
the Zsweet tastes Ok, It isn't very sweet, but has no aftertaste.

sunnyh

Dislikes
feeling like I am not in control...that is my main pet peeve!!
Hello,
I asked for the Zsweet samples and got them in the post today. I'm sorry guys, but I'm really disappointed. I received my packets in the mail today, and they were in a zip lock bag, which is fine, but each packet had hardly anything in it. It takes 3 or 4 to make a coffee barely sweet. And I have to disagree about the aftertaste, (just my opinion), because I definitely had one that lingered. Sort of an aspartame, and very chemical taste, even with strong coffee. It was pretty awful. I haven't looked at the Zsweet website yet, but I've already decided to go back to my Splenda, as it ticks all the boxes. A diabetic has a hard enough time eating the right foods, without having to put up with stuff that just plain tastes bad.
So, these are just my thoughts, and not aimed at anyone or anything. Somebody else might love the stuff, but for me it's Splenda, as I know I can trust it to deliver what I want!!

SunnyH

stabatha

Well Iv'e tried it and I loved it, as i was going to have a day of digging in the garden I needed a more higher carb breakfast than I usually have, and had ready brek with the zsweet on and I loved the crunchiness of the zsweet , that you dont get with normal sweetners, It was just like eating the real thing. I have also tried it in tea and coffee and it tasted ok. I will definatly be purchasing some. I have really missed the cruchiness of real sugar sprinkled on my food and have tried to stay away from sweetners as its just like eating sweet powder which I dont enjoy one bit :D

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I like the sugar feel of Zsweet too. I didn't realise it came in that form, I thought it would just be another powder that gets everywhere. Breathing in aspartame is an experience!

I agree with sunnyH though, they are not as sweet as I expected, but this may encourage me to reduce my sweet tooth. I drank my usual tea for three months without sweeteners and I hated every cup.

It may also be more useful in baking/cooking. I've not weighed it but the bulkiness may make it easier to cook with. Just need to find carb-free flour.

wiflib