Weekly weigh in - Fridays

XarinaAkhtar

Had a horrible blip after the first week. Initial weight 15 stone 3lbs. I'd had a 1lb weight loss first week, no change the following week and weighed myself the day after weigh in day. . 6lb weight increase! How does that happen!? Hate hormones. Now done to 15 stone but don't feel too motivated.

Reactions: Butterfly1960

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Haven't weighed myself since friday so not sure how my friday weigh-in will go.
People noticing my 3.5stone loss since xmas now. I've bought some new clothes to encourage my weight loss in the right direction.
Praying it doesn't just stop and I start adding again. I don't trust my body.
Just as easy as it is to lose it can gain.
Fingers crossed, very tightly.
If only people knew how hard it is for us? Many wouldn't believe it isn't due to over-eating.
Well we know better. I think my thyroid now working a bit better speaks volumes. I'd love to not have to take thyroxine ever again.
Maybe asking a bit too much, even from bariatric surgery?
I've decided if I continue losing I'd prefer my op after my son's stats next year. I need to be fully available.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I've weighed myself tonight incase too busy in the morning.
I wonderful surprise I've lost over my normal 1kg per week loss. Now 120.50kgs from 121.70kgs last week. And I have water tummy tonight.
I wonder if I'll weigh less in morning? Had leisurely walk in supermarket today with less pain but still on max. tramadol. This afternoon a painful sleep thou. Pressure on back and tingerling foot.
I'm now officially less than when I had burn out up until 2015. All insulin weight lost and some!
Maybe I will have lost a stone by november as dietician predicted. No carb cravings at all, not even for chocolate. Especially not white bread, nor pasta. Potato sparingly. Protein bread has really helped.
I saw a Hovis low carb loaf today, more carb per slice than morrison's own protein sliced. Looked very stodgy and thicker sliced.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning. Small loss of 0.2kg this week. Felt a bit disheartened until I took my body measurements and found that I've lost an inch from each of my waist, hips and chest in the past two weeks. Feeling much better for that!

Really wish I'd taken measurements at the outset - the ones I took two weeks ago were the first.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
121.80kg this morning with water retention. So 0.10kgs or half a pound loss but IF I can get rid of water bed tummy I'll be lighter. Maybe next week! I'll stay optimistic, for now.
Still able to decrease insulin units due to hypos.
I weighed this morning afterall. I'm 119.60kgs this morning! :) :) :) A 2.10kg loss this week! :) I'm absolutely delighted.
4.5lb loss! Last week I was full of water, even some last night. Once I month this happens just before monthly, it feels.

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Morning. 77kgs today froma start of 101kgs in june. We are going to the good food show today which we booked before my dx. Will be looking at it all from a completely different place when compared to the last time I went.
And I so much agree with polgara, maintaining is so very difficult. ( loved those books, btw!)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No weight loss this week :( I blame my parents! Went to their's last weekend, my Dad who does all the cooking was very obliging with helping me keep my low carb eating going and my blood sugars stayed in the 5s mostly, however the portion sizes were bigger and this week I've been eating up the left over low carb lemon shortbread biscuits that I made to take with me. They may be low carb but they are far from low calorie! But they have provided a little bit of comfort eating, as my daughter left for the first time for Uni this week and I'm missing her dreadfully :sorry: Back on the straight and narrow this weekend :angelic:

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I weighed this morning afterall. I'm 119.60kgs this morning! :) :) :) A 2.10kg loss this week! :) I'm absolutely delighted.
4.5lb loss! Last week I was full of water, even some last night. Once I month this happens just before monthly, it feels.

wow thats a lot , you are doing so fine lately Wicki

Last edited:
Reactions: Butterfly1960