Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sable_Jan

Watch those quick release carbs like bananas and sugar-added foods, plus snickers. Your spike could be much earlier. Always worth testing "bad" foods every half an hour for the first try at them. Bananas will spike very quickly - that's why athletes eat them during competitions.
I prefer my bananas quite ripe too - do you know if that makes them spike more quickly with them being sweeter. Snickers was a one-off naughty but nice - and bedtime not the best time to test it Usually still awake around midnight but fell asleep early when I wanted to test.... I will try the half hour for some things though. Fingers get sooo sore sometimes. I know squeezing makes them bruise but even on the highest lancet setting I don't always bleed enough to test......

Reactions: 2 people
S

Sable_Jan

Hi guys i am slowly starting to get rid of my cold bs has been all over the place while have not been well. Had highs of 15:(. Back to docs this morning for a check up (his idea). Sugar level down to 6.5 this morning still no sign off hospital appointment
Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
Hope you are feeling really better soon

S

Sable_Jan

I am having wet dreams about the Nikon D810.

I guess I best start buying some lottery tickets.

Having said this I probably use the camera on my iPhone to take 90 percent of my photos these days. I tend to photograph things as I take my walks and so it is very convenient.

Pavlos
Great photos you send us too - reminds us the sun is still out there - just not here ;)

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
4.3 vod assisted from yesterday evening, will take that. Have been increasing carb intake over the last few weeks, had been 30-40 g per day now upto 50g per day BG all in normal range. Long may it continue. Keep well everyone.

Reactions: 9 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I prefer my bananas quite ripe too - do you know if that makes them spike more quickly with them being sweeter. Snickers was a one-off naughty but nice - and bedtime not the best time to test it Usually still awake around midnight but fell asleep early when I wanted to test.... I will try the half hour for some things though. Fingers get sooo sore sometimes. I know squeezing makes them bruise but even on the highest lancet setting I don't always bleed enough to test......

The riper the fruit the worse it is, and that goes for all fruits.
I know what you mean about sore fingers!

Reactions: 5 people
C

chris lowe

Bean sprouts :yuck::yuck::yuck: but on the other hand brussels sprouts :hungry:.

Have you heard of "Zero Noodles" some people adore them as they are one calorie per pack (or is it 2?) and made from a mushroom type stuff. I find them mega disgusting but then I do bean sprouts :D. May be worth you trying them if you want to bulk out your food. I guess I found the noodles the least disgusting of the 3 I tried - the "pasta" sheets - well have you ever had lasagne WITHOUT the pasta? I did cos I took the sheets out and ate around it. Can't think what the 3rd "shape" of "pasta" was now.
Lasagne without pasta? Hairy bikers did a version using leeks cut down one side and then peeled off in a sort of sheet. Different and surpisingly tasty

Reactions: 6 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
6.3 at bedtime and 6.3 this morning. I just do NOT want another spike like yesterday morning

Reactions: 13 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
well I must have a weird acceptance of Insulin my levels go up and down and now have to change my eating habits I always watched what i ate and was having low carb foods now am having to eat normal foods and watch my exercise arghhh

S

Sable_Jan

Lasagne without pasta? Hairy bikers did a version using leeks cut down one side and then peeled off in a sort of sheet. Different and surpisingly tasty
Thanks @chris lowe. That sounds quite nice actually as I do like leeks (only way I don't like them is cooked as a veg on their own)

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
6.3 and 8.3 at 1 hour and 8.2 at 2 hours. No ridiculous spike like yesterday. Trying to stay calm but I had a big fall 2days back (slipped on a rug and fell on the base of my spine and heck did that hurt) and still ache a bit.

Reactions: 10 people

MsVelvet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All,
6.2 this morning. Had a bad afternoon yesterday, did not feel well at all. My readings were good 5.4 during the day and 5.7 post dinner. We had a big storm and consequently were electricity free for over 6 hours. Tired this morning so going to take the day off, well will check work email periodically. I think a chillax day might do me good.

Anne

Reactions: 7 people

MsVelvet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.3 and 8.3 at 1 hour and 8.2 at 2 hours. No ridiculous spike like yesterday. Trying to stay calm but I had a big fall 2days back (slipped on a rug and fell on the base of my spine and heck did that hurt) and still ache a bit.
Take care Mike. Falling is not a good thing.
Anne

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.