Another 1lb bites the dust!

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Love the emoticon.
She does not believe in testing. :banghead:Apparently people don't understand the results or become obsessive. :rolleyes:
When I explained to her that carb gets converted into sugar in the gut and is then released into blood making bs higher she looked at me like I was an idiot. When I then asked her why she was giving me meds to bring bs down but recommending that I eat something which pushes bs up and asked for the scientific rationale she said she wouldn't see me anymore as there was no point. My then 8 year old overheard me telling Mr scandi. Her response
"But mummy that doesn't make sense! Is she thick?"
Out of the mouths of babes........
Here we go again. Makes you feel like....
frying-pan-smash.gif

Reactions: 4 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Love the emoticon.
She does not believe in testing. :banghead:Apparently people don't understand the results or become obsessive. :rolleyes:
When I explained to her that carb gets converted into sugar in the gut and is then released into blood making bs higher she looked at me like I was an idiot. When I then asked her why she was giving me meds to bring bs down but recommending that I eat something which pushes bs up and asked for the scientific rationale she said she wouldn't see me anymore as there was no point. My then 8 year old overheard me telling Mr scandi. Her response
"But mummy that doesn't make sense! Is she thick?"
Out of the mouths of babes........

Does this person also have insulin users on her books? I wonder if she remembers to tell them to carb count and inject enough insulin to cover the carbs eaten? I used this with my DN who just looked blank and said Type 1's are different.

Reactions: 2 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Does this person also have insulin users on her books? I wonder if she remembers to tell them to carb count and inject enough insulin to cover the carbs eaten? I used this with my DN who just looked blank and said Type 1's are different.
Have just come back from docs. Hba1c 34 , weight loss 4 stone, BP 119/75 and cholestrol HDL 1.4, trigs 0.51 and LDL 5.6. Said LDL too high. Pointed out test measures all LDL but doesn't break it down. Therefore will not be taking statins! So, healthy plate or lchf? Errr think I'll stick with what I do.

Reactions: 11 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have just come back from docs. Hba1c 34 , weight loss 4 stone, BP 119/75 and cholestrol HDL 1.4, trigs 0.51 and LDL 5.6. Said LDL too high. Pointed out test measures all LDL but doesn't break it down. Therefore will not be taking statins! So, healthy plate or lchf? Errr think I'll stick with what I do.
Well done on the results.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Fabulous numbers Scandi.

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hey Pavlosn! How are things with you?
Hi @Scandichic

All's well at this end. Lost 2,2 stone since mid September so delighted with that. Last Hba1c about a month ago came back with almost an identical score to yours. Debating whether to have another blood test done next week or wait until the New Year when I plan to see my doctor.

Great numbers by the way, you must be really excited.

All the best

Pavlos

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Are you off all meds now Scandi?
No but minimum metformin and bp. Tried to go without but everything went up so back on. What is 34? Tried conversion table but don't get it. What is it. My fasting ones are in the 6s but 5s by mid morning. Goes up last thing at night :(

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
No but minimum metformin and bp. Tried to go without but everything went up so back on. What is 34? Tried conversion table but don't get it. What is it. My fasting ones are in the 6s but 5s by mid morning. Goes up last thing at night :(
well done scandi :)

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi @Scandichic

All's well at this end. Lost 2,2 stone since mid September so delighted with that. Last Hba1c about a month ago came back with almost an identical score to yours. Debating whether to have another blood test done next week or wait until the New Year when I plan to see my doctor.

Great numbers by the way, you must be really excited.

All the best

Pavlos
Morning Pavlosn!
Well done on the weight loss! Bet you feel relieved! Think you should go for the blood test! It will help keep you on track!

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Brilliant HbA1c Scandi, well done and well deserved :)

More LCHF success!

Reactions: 3 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Brilliant HbA1c Scandi, well done and well deserved :)

More LCHF success!
I can't understand why any diabetic (unless kidney probs) eats any other way.

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Scandi very well done fab results . Surely that dress must fit you now ? Or is it too big ?