JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Have been informed recently that Kingsmill Hospital is not accepting any referrals for Neurology department for some while from now as they are having recruitment problems and have been unable to replace consultants who have recently left. Unfortunately one being my now former Neurologist good God just when you've got one broken in their gone.

However any one already referred will be OK.

Reactions: 3 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Hi Folks :) - At the Hospital this morning, told Consultant Steriod Injections had 'failed' but had affected my blood sugars by sending them up! Blood test results showed my Ferritin Level is down to 17, so to take Ferrous Fumarate every day (and not 1 every 3 days) my Vitamin D level is low and have to take 2 Omega 3 capsules every day. Having a Ultrasound Scan tomorrow on my Liver at the Hospital. And attending GP Surgery to see their Diabetes Nurse tomorrow afternoon.

Reactions: 2 people

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Have been informed recently that Kingsmill Hospital is not accepting any referrals for Neurology department for some while from now as they are having recruitment problems and have been unable to replace consultants who have recently left. Unfortunately one being my now former Neurologist good God just when you've got one broken in their gone.

That hospital just gets worse . Thank god Ron already has his appointment.

S

Sable_Jan

Wish Friday would hurry up and come . Ron needs some T.L.C. He came home tonight absolutely cream crackered. B.Gs are all over the place.x
He really should be signed off work. It's not right him working through all that pain and the bgs so up and down ....

S

Sable_Jan

For some reason the App will.let me like but ignores numerous taps on the reply arrow. Memory isn't good enough to remember call your posts but well done our Johnny on having the better breakfast, I prefer Total Sweet (xylitol) for my sugar alternative. Less sweet than sugar but granulated and used "like for like" be darned expensive for baking but still on my mega cheap stash. Used it in chia seed pud but not yet for baking

Reactions: 4 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Who's the wee cutie @ickihun ? Is the new avatar your toddler?
It is. He is named after a "mad, bad and dangerous to know" poet. He's a little git but my baby. Just getting him down for his afternoon nap now. He's resisted all afternoon.
I should be skinny. Ha ha

Reactions: 5 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi Folks :) - At the Hospital this morning, told Consultant Steriod Injections had 'failed' but had affected my blood sugars by sending them up! Blood test results showed my Ferritin Level is down to 17, so to take Ferrous Fumarate every day (and not 1 every 3 days) my Vitamin D level is low and have to take 2 Omega 3 capsules every day. Having a Ultrasound Scan tomorrow on my Liver at the Hospital. And attending GP Surgery to see their Diabetes Nurse tomorrow afternoon.
@liam1955 what is affecting your ferritin levels?
Iron is important but it looks like this iron doesnt solve anemia but plumps up your red blood cells as they are lacking oxygen. so your not low on red cells, they need feeding only,
Poor red blood cells. Give them those extra tablets and they'll be fine.
Vit D is because you haven't been in the sun lately. Once you're out more that will sort itself out. Who goes out much with a broken knee?
Good luck with Liver scan and gp. When will you get results?
I have my regular gp on friday morning. I want my print off, ha ha

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Dash it! That was my first choice :) only kidding!
He's a beautiful wee boy , and that's a good strong name. I bet he's the prince of the family!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies

I think us diabetics should retrain and fill in the vacancies.
Look after our own.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@ickihun - Vicky, What a cute child. That's just what I look like after eating Chocolate:D. William x
Will find out tomorrow about my HBA1C = bet it has gone up from 56?? I am going to suggest to the Diabetes Nurse that I should add in another 500mg of Metformin. The maximum dose is 2550mg a day. And I presently take 2000mg a day. The Insulin got reduced by 4 units a month ago to 42 units and I am NOT increasing that.

Last edited by a moderator:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@ickihun - Vicky, What a cute child. That's just what I look like after eating Chocolate:D. William x
Will find out tomorrow about my HBA1C = bet it has gone up from 56??
Maybe a little up. I think that was the main reason I got metformin.
Chocoholic, the whole cutie race!
I prefer cream. So thats why my lipids went from 4.3 to 4.8? Maybe chocolate is good for good cholesterol? Let me know as soon as. Im missing nutty chocolate.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Tell us more
Well his BG levels have been climbing today . 5.8 at breakfast , 6.8 at lunch and he messaged me before he left work to say they were 7.8. Well it turned out that after he had his lunch he forgot to take his metformin . That is the second time this month he has done that. I would put it down to forgetfulness but he has got an app on his phone to remind him to take it . On a funny note every time he has taken it and I go to kiss him he keeps burping . Sorry but when that happens I just cant stop laughing . Is that natural after taking metformin?

D

debrasue

Good morning, my lovely friends on www.diabetes.co.uk type 2 life forum,

I'm so sorry that I didn't come online yesterday. The library was closed and I still have no wifi in my flat but my care coordinator and financial guardian are working very hard to get it paid.

I am very happy and proud to impart that my best friend Lee Collingwood did as you all said he would and he's still buying me fried breakfasts in the cafeteria near to my home but instead of having the one with devil carbs, as I so funnily called it, he got me something called an Olympic breakfast which is 3 sausages, 2 fried eggs, 2 slices of fried tomato and baked beans, no toast, no hash brown, no chips. So it means doubling the fat and omitting the carbs which is working out great. My blood sugar after eating that Olympic breakfast this morning after several glasses of tap water was only 5.9.!! I have been trying really hard to stick to the sweeteners in my cups of tea as well.

My bowels/bladder have slowed up again but I'm going to discuss it with the nurse at the bowel and bladder clinic when I next see her.

Take care and God bless you all, my dear friends. It's very overcast in south London this morning but it is quite mild and a lovely June day.

Yours faithfully,

Johnny Baker
Sufferer of Asperger syndrome, ADHD, idiopathic megarectum, type 2 diabetes mellitus, psychotic depression, essential hypertension and hypercholesterolaemia and prostate gland abnormalities.
Well done, Johnny - that really is an amazing result! Your Olympic Breakfast truly does make you a Winner!
Ask your nurse if you could eat chia seeds for your bowel. They're little tiny seeds which work pretty well by providing extra fibre to get your digestive system working properly. I buy mine online, but health food shops like Holland & Barrett and some supermarkets sell them too.
I mix 2 tablespoonfuls of chia seeds with a tablespoon of plain cocoa (unsweetened, not drinking powder), half a tablespoon of stevia (powdered sweetener) and 3 or 4 tablespoons of natural plain Greek yoghurt (which is also good for the digestion). Then chill it overnight in the fridge and you've got chia pudding - delicious, good for you, and will satisfy your sweet tooth without any sugar at all!! These quantities make enough chia pudding to last me for 2 or 3 days. You could even have a few raspberries or strawberries with it. Makes a great alternative to the fried breakfast for a change.
Keep up the good work, Johnny and share some more of those lovely numbers with us!
Hugs