Forum nominations 2023

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And another for @jjraak
Most kind of anyone to nominate me, very grateful.

While I do feel I should give back in some small way for all the forum & its members help over the years.

I have to excuse myself this time round
recovery still ongoing from my 2021* crash, so I couldn't do myself or the forum justice right now.

I'd like to 2nd all the mods standing again, and say what marvellous picks so far for new mods...

Going to be so hard to pick just one.

Best of luck all

*Small edit.
I struggle with dates .. :rolleyes:

all part of the concussion injuries, those in the know suggest

Last edited:

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’d like to nominate @JoKalsbeek She is kind, compassionat, level headed and knowledgable. I’m not sure if now is the right time for her but I think she’d be great at it.
@HSSS and @DJC3 , thanks for the nomination, but I do have to decline. And my being far from level headed might have something to do with that! ;) (Just this morning I admitted to wanting to kick someone who was unkind to a member while they were hypo.).

Seriously... I take on a little too much emotionally from the forum as it is. I doubt I'd make a decent mod, they see a whole lot more than what us "regullar" members see, I think. And it'd mean more interaction with humans than I am capable of handling. But I thoroughly appreciate the vote of confidence, especially from people who know enough about diabetes, to write books about it themselves. <3

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Most kind of anyone to nominate me, very grateful.

While I do feel I should give back in some small way for all the forum & its members help over the years.

I have to excuse myself this time round
recovery still ongoing from my 2019 crash, so I couldn't do myself or the forum justice right now.

I'd like to 2nd all the mods standing again, and say what marvellous picks so far for new mods...

Going to be so hard to pick just one.

Best of luck all
I'm sorry that this is not the right moment for you, someone will just have to nominate you again next year!
And rest assured that you are giving back to the forum, and have done so for a long time, no need to be a mod for that. ;)

In previous years we could put in a maximum of 3 votes and I expect this year won't be different, so thankfully we don't have to pick just one!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@HSSS and @DJC3 , thanks for the nomination, but I do have to decline. And my being far from level headed might have something to do with that! ;) (Just this morning I admitted to wanting to kick someone who was unkind to a member while they were hypo.).
I'm thinking that's exactly the kind of level-headedness they were thinking of. ;)

But I've adjusted the opening post to change the list of nominations and declines again. :)

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And my being far from level headed might have something to do with that! ;) (Just this morning I admitted to wanting to kick someone who was unkind to a member while they were hypo.).
yee gods woman I was suggesting being a mod not a saint ;).

Seriously though that’s exactly when we need someone to notice bad behaviour. Maybe next year, cos I still think you’d be great even if you aren’t so sure.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Has anyone nominated @In Response ? If not then consider this a nomination.

its going to be really hard to decide this year as there are some great nominations I’m already torn over, so I’m not sure why I’m making that harder lol.
Thank you for the nomination.
However, self-moderation is hard enough and I some times fail so I think it would be inappropriate for me to take up this offer.
I am touched that you would consider me though.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
forum bugs
I've just added @Outlier to the declined list and @TriciaWs to the accepted.

Excellent news that we now have 4 accepted nominations but we need at least 8 people in a full team, so please keep nominating folks!

• Agree
Reactions: Antje77