ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Went to see the Practise Surgery Diabetes Nurse this morning. Because of my HBA1C raising to 65 over the past couple of months she suggested I increase my Insulin and I said NO! I am sticking to what I am on = which is 40 units in total per day.
To have my HBA1C done again in 6 weeks time - to keep a check on it.
I do not want to put on any weight - but need to loose it. Increasing Insulin will only make me gain weight. She weighed me and I am 12 stone 12 lbs (which confirmed what I was last week).
It was suggested next time I see the Diabetologist at the Hospital Diabetic Clinic I ask if my Insulin might be changed to one that I can inject before eating. (Rather than this Insulin presently on I take twice a day in 20 unit doses).
Tresiba200 or toujeo300 are excellent William. But you will need novarapid too. You are no way near as insulin resistant as me but they may suggest it. Those mixed ones aren't very flexible. You too have had a few hypos lately. With high bgs too? With a hba1c of 65 they won't want it getting any higher. Although morphine is the culprit not your diet so I'm not sure what they will suggest as morphine treatment isn't on a permanent basis hun. Fingers crossed they resolve this for you! Asap.
Liver result is brilliant considering morphine use recently, wouldnt you say? Well done mate.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@ickihun - Hi Vicky, Thanks for the above information :). I have been on Humulin i Insulin since July 2014, the Practise Diabetic Nurse says because I am "Officially" under the Hospital Diabetic Clinic the Practise cannot change my Insulin. I refused to increase the Insulin as I feel taking 40 units (20 am and 20 pm) plus 4 x 500mg Metformin and 5mg Dapagliflozin a day is more than enough, it was then suggested that I think about increasing the Dapagliflozin to 2 x 5mg a day starting tomorrow? And I will have to walk around with a bucket then!!!!:D:D (To get my HBA1C down into the 50's range).
I am staying clear of the Morphine and have gone a whole month without using it. I am presently "suffering and tolerating" pain which is draining me of energy, personality and being Human!!!:arghh: I cannot go on like this anymore!!!!
Practise Nurse got me an appointment to see GP next week to "discuss other forms of NSAIDS/Pain Relief"? (Not suited to taking Naproxen)
When is your Group meeting 're: Pre-Bariatric? :)William

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I've had group session. Seeing nurse next week. I've seen dietician too. I think we've set my weight loss target. 6.6kgs asap.
As dn pointed out when I take no insulin I get 117 as my hba1c but I lose weight. If diabetes isn't controlled op is cancelled. I have to try and get both. 59 hba1c and weight loss. Orilstatin is very gentle on me so my diet must be low fat. I don't buy cheese any more nor nuts. Nor pork scratchings and butter is for mr ickihun only. I don't use spread unless on rear occasion I have protein bread toasted.
I'm having poached eggs, protein bread, veg, fish and naked chicken balls. No mayo. My cholesterol will be soon none existant. Ha ha
No side effects from xenical as low fat diet. Tinned fish at present but changing to fresh to cook in oven with lemon and coriander and other mixed spices on different days. No rice, no pasta, no wheat bread, no potatoes. No sugary foods nor drinks. No alcohol.
I'm still not losing weight. I've always had to jog it off.
I used to swim to get me fit then jogged to keep weight down. Still having breathing problems so asthma nurse is working with my meds to perfect. Once I can breathe I'll resume attending pool to see what I can do. My bike is all maintained and good to go, when I am.

Reactions: Liam1955

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@Liam1955 they are looking to faze out novarapid for a faster acting insulin. They may wait to put you on that.
Is dapliflozin not working now? Canagliflozin was giving me 6s during the day but thrush was unbearable.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@ickihun - Practice Diabetes Nurse wants me to think about doubling the daily dose from 5mg to 10mg of the Dapagliflozin. Then have my Bloods done in 6 weeks to check that my HBA1C has come down.
I think ? - taking the 10mg dose is possibly a better solution as I don't really want to increase the Insulin.
I am due sometime soon (June) to be getting appointment for the Hospital Diabetic Clinic and maybe some decision can be made on changing my Insulin?

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
I've had group session. Seeing nurse next week. I've seen dietician too. I think we've set my weight loss target. 6.6kgs asap.
As dn pointed out when I take no insulin I get 117 as my hba1c but I lose weight. If diabetes isn't controlled op is cancelled. I have to try and get both. 59 hba1c and weight loss. Orilstatin is very gentle on me so my diet must be low fat. I don't buy cheese any more nor nuts. Nor pork scratchings and butter is for mr ickihun only. I don't use spread unless on rear occasion I have protein bread toasted.
I'm having poached eggs, protein bread, veg, fish and naked chicken balls. No mayo. My cholesterol will be soon none existant. Ha ha
No side effects from xenical as low fat diet. Tinned fish at present but changing to fresh to cook in oven with lemon and coriander and other mixed spices on different days. No rice, no pasta, no wheat bread, no potatoes. No sugary foods nor drinks. No alcohol.
I'm still not losing weight. I've always had to jog it off.
I used to swim to get me fit then jogged to keep weight down. Still having breathing problems so asthma nurse is working with my meds to perfect. Once I can breathe I'll resume attending pool to see what I can do. My bike is all maintained and good to go, when I am.
Where do you get your protein bread from Vicky? When I was on the course last week I had to have a packed lunch every day so I stocked up on Lidl's protein rolls. Problem is, our nearest Lidl is a 45 minute walk away and when I walk too far my BG goes very low, giving me hypo symptoms. If anywhere else does protein bread that will be a great alternative

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Where do you get your protein bread from Vicky? When I was on the course last week I had to have a packed lunch every day so I stocked up on Lidl's protein rolls. Problem is, our nearest Lidl is a 45 minute walk away and when I walk too far my BG goes very low, giving me hypo symptoms. If anywhere else does protein bread that will be a great alternative
Hun I get mine from Morrisons. Their own make is about 77p a loaf. Otherwise Warbartons is about £1.10 with a little higher amount of carb per slice too.
I guess warbartons will be in tesco and sainsburys. Not sure if they do their own version. Will you let me know if you see any?

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Hun I get mine from Morrisons. Their own make is about 77p a loaf. Otherwise Warbartons is about £1.10 with a little higher amount of carb per slice too.
I guess warbartons will be in tesco and sainsburys. Not sure if they do their own version. Will you let me know if you see any?
Of course I will - anything that will help. I'm glad to hear Morrison's do one, my nearest branch is just a 15 minute walk away and there's a wool shop in the area too - might pay a visit on Thursday when I get paid :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Of course I will - anything that will help. I'm glad to hear Morrison's do one, my nearest branch is just a 15 minute walk away and there's a wool shop in the area too - might pay a visit on Thursday when I get paid :)
Just back from our large sainsburys but no protein bread, at all. I had to get a burgen loaf but kids won't eat it :( i guess i need to go to Morrisons afterall. Its so soft a bread too. Even mr ickihun has been eating it. So it must be ok! Ha ha

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Just back from our large sainsburys but no protein bread, at all. I had to get a burgen loaf but kids won't eat it :( i guess i need to go to Morrisons afterall. Its so soft a bread too. Even mr ickihun has been eating it. So it must be ok! Ha ha
Lol, A is fussy when it comes to bread as well. I don't know if I'll be able to get to Morrison's now, I've seen the weather forecast for the rest of the week! Hot and humid weather plays havoc with my BGs so I think I'm going to be hibernating :)

Reactions: ickihun

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
In this morning's mail I got the result from the Hospital Pathology. The 2 'blemishes' the Dermatologist removed the other week are indeed Actinic Keratosis (pre-cancerous) - I had a "feeling" it would be! As the very first one removed 2 years ago turned out to be the same.
I always wear Sun-screen, a Hat and keep in the shade. But the Dermatologist said it is the result of years and years of exposure to the Sun.
Saw GP yesterday and gone back on the Butec Transdermal Patches for my joint aches/pains, as there is nothing in the NSAID's to have = have tried them all over the years.
My Iron Tablets have been changed to Ferrous Sulfate 200mg and take 3 of them a day, but they are supposed to be kinder on the Stomach apparently? (Will see!).
I am already taking 5mg Dapagliflozin every day, and I can take an extra 5mg every 3 days now. (Already began taking the extra tablet last week when it was suggested by the Practise Diabetic Nurse - but, was to see the GP to have it agreed) and I am reducing my daily Insulin every couple of days by 2 units, which I am pleased about.= :happy:

D

debrasue

In this morning's mail I got the result from the Hospital Pathology. The 2 'blemishes' the Dermatologist removed the other week are indeed Actinic Keratosis (pre-cancerous) - I had a "feeling" it would be! As the very first one removed 2 years ago turned out to be the same.
I always wear Sun-screen, a Hat and keep in the shade. But the Dermatologist said it is the result of years and years of exposure to the Sun.
Saw GP yesterday and gone back on the Butec Transdermal Patches for my joint aches/pains, as there is nothing in the NSAID's to have = have tried them all over the years.
My Iron Tablets have been changed to Ferrous Sulfate 200mg and take 3 of them a day, but they are supposed to be kinder on the Stomach apparently? (Will see!).
I am already taking 5mg Dapagliflozin every day, and I can take an extra 5mg every 3 days now. (Already began taking the extra tablet last week when it was suggested by the Practise Diabetic Nurse - but, was to see the GP to have it agreed) and I am reducing my daily Insulin every couple of days by 2 units, which I am pleased about.= :happy:
I'm glad to hear that all's well, William. It's a good thing that you had the cysts removed early.
I hope the Butec patches work well for you again, too.
Hugs xx

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Lol, A is fussy when it comes to bread as well. I don't know if I'll be able to get to Morrison's now, I've seen the weather forecast for the rest of the week! Hot and humid weather plays havoc with my BGs so I think I'm going to be hibernating :)
My blood pressure hates this weather. I lived in the air conditioned bedroom when I was in Africa for 3mths. Or A/C cars.
4yr old wants to be in the paddling pool for hours. Waterproof suncream is taking a hammering. I was planning on a coffee evening but I may reconsider as too hot to walk to bus route.
I'm having palpatations again. Luckily seeing endocologist in about 10wks time. ;)
I wonder if my thyroxine meds needs reducing again? oh such fun and games. Ha ha

D

debrasue

My blood pressure hates this weather. I lived in the air conditioned bedroom when I was in Africa for 3mths. Or A/C cars.
4yr old wants to be in the paddling pool for hours. Waterproof suncream is taking a hammering. I was planning on a coffee evening but I may reconsider as too hot to walk to bus route.
I'm having palpatations again. Luckily seeing endocologist in about 10wks time. ;)
I wonder if my thyroxine meds needs reducing again? oh such fun and games. Ha ha
My BP hates hot weather, too. Which is a shame because I love the sun, although I can't sit out in it nowadays the way I used to in my yoof. I've started swimming every day again, though, so hopefully the exercise will help reduce BP (and BGs).

Reactions: Diamum5972

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Morning all...this heat makes me tired dunno about everyone else but i kept fall asleep yesterday haha it did not stop me sleeping last night though :)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi @James13 - I see you have begun taking Vitamin D Supplements. Can I ask are they prescribed by your GP? Or have you bought them yourself? (Brought this conversation over here so as not to derail the Fasting Thread):).

James13

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @James13 - I see you have begun taking Vitamin D Supplements. Can I ask are they prescribed by your GP? Or have you bought them yourself? (Brought this conversation over here so as not to derail the Fasting Thread):).
Bought them myself from a reputable online company. Read that they may help keep colds at bay and having just recovered from one I thought I'd give them a try. But if there's any positive impact on BG I'd gladly take it :)