GOOD AFTERNOON/EVENING.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Hi @James13 - I take Vitamin D3 drops everyday, which I get on prescription - last year my levels of Vitamin D were somewhat low and it was suggested by a Rheumatologist that taking vitamin D drops may help with the joint and bone pain? (I have Osteoarthritis)
I also take a combined supplement of Vitamin C and Zinc daily to ward off Coughs, Colds etc. Been taking this since last October and never had a Cough or Cold :). I buy them from Home Bargains Store and they cost £2.99 for 90.

Reactions: debrasue

James13

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @James13 - I take Vitamin D3 drops everyday, which I get on prescription - last year my levels of Vitamin D were somewhat low and it was suggested by a Rheumatologist that taking vitamin D drops may help with the joint and bone pain? (I have Osteoarthritis)
I also take a combined supplement of Vitamin C and Zinc daily to ward off Coughs, Colds etc. Been taking this since last October and never had a Cough or Cold :). I buy them from Home Bargains Store and they cost £2.99 for 90.
Thanks Liam. I think I'll give that combination a try too. Cheers.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
How is everyone?
Could be worse. You?
Toujeo300 is great. More like an oil than water based and no sting at all like other basals I've used. (In pregnancy)
Seeing dn in 2 wks time for an update. Novarapid is needed more on a morning than on an evening due to IR still heavy in my system. You?

Reactions: Cumberland

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
999 emergency with Ron at hospital had trouble breathing

D

debrasue

Do you find that the Vit D drops actually help with the joint and bone pain, @Liam1955 ?

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Thanks all , we're are home after 14 hours . Totally fed up . Still no real answers as to what caused his breathing problems . One minute there saying he has an infection then there saying he has a fast pulse and heart rate. Was given medication for an infection only to be told this morning by the doctor that he didn't need it and he didn't understand why it had been given. There now sorting him with other meds but we left the hospital after attending his appointment for the pain clinic to get a tens machine. Ron was admitted onto the ward late last night and at 12.45 this morning I was told I couldn't stay to which I kicked off and said if I don't stay neither is Ron. So they put us into a side room . Like I have said before where ever he goes so do I. The hospital seemed concerned as there is so much happening with Ron and we're not getting any answers . They kept asking if our gp was aware of everything and we said yes but there not doing anything . Ron was really struggling with his memory and getting so confused he couldn't answer alot of there questions so I had to fill in.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Do you find that the Vit D drops actually help with the joint and bone pain, @Liam1955 ?

In almost 10 months of taking Vit D drops daily, I have not noticed any difference to be honest! @debrasue But, I continue with them because I was told by my GP = taking Vit D helps the body to absorb Calcium for healthy bones.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@tina_marie I hope now both home you can relax properly.They will write to your gp with their blood result findings. So no asthma, maybe? Has Ron had a breathing test with gp?
What meds did they change?

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
@tina_marie I hope now both home you can relax properly.They will write to your gp with their blood result findings. So no asthma, maybe? Has Ron had a breathing test with gp?
What meds did they change?
He is suppose to be having a breathing test but like everything were still awaiting the appointment. As for meds in hospital they gave him prednasoline and something else can't remember name . The doctors this morning say however he shouldn't of been given those as no infection he was also put on a nebuliser but again shouldn't have been . The meds they want him on are a tablet form of the angina spray but didn't say if he had angina only a racing heart and pulse and also aspirin plus something else . We were suppose to collect the prescription for them before we left hospital but never went back for it after pain clinic . I'm not letting Ron take them until they can be sure this time of what he has got . Heaven knows what his bg reading have been today as hospital didn't do them. Also he's not eaten breakfast or much else today . I fell asleep this afternoon and have only just woken up so haven't a clue what he's had as he's now in bed . Hopefully tomorrow we can be more focused. His sister said we shouldn't of left hospital as will never get to the bottom of this otherwise . It's been a year and we're still no further forward anyway. Even the team in A&E said they were stumped as to what's wrong with him . So guess we may never find out . Trust Ron to be an alien .

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
For a couple of months now been having aches/pains in both my hands across the knuckles. So, 2 weeks ago went to see my GP as I was having pains in several fingers, was told to increase pain relief and keep my hands/fingers busy.
Then at the weekend my ring finger and little finger on my left hand just 'locked' in a bent position and I could not get then open. Monday morning went to our Urgent Medical Care Centre and the diagnosis was Trigger Finger(s) and that I would have to have Steriod Injections in my Palm. So, this morning that is where I went. The Doctor was feeling my hand and I turned to speak to my Partner, at that point the Doctor Pulled and straightened both my fingers - I actually said the B word aloud with the pain, then Steroids were injected into the Palm of my hand (which was very painful).
Since arriving home I have held in my hand a jar of Onion Chutney, jar of Horseradish Sauce, jars of Pesto, jars of pickled Onions all from the Fridge = the coldness is killing the pain.:rolleyes:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
For a couple of months now been having aches/pains in both my hands across the knuckles. So, 2 weeks ago went to see my GP as I was having pains in several fingers, was told to increase pain relief and keep my hands/fingers busy.
Then at the weekend my ring finger and little finger on my left hand just 'locked' in a bent position and I could not get then open. Monday morning went to our Urgent Medical Care Centre and the diagnosis was Trigger Finger(s) and that I would have to have Steriod Injections in my Palm. So, this morning that is where I went. The Doctor was feeling my hand and I turned to speak to my Partner, at that point the Doctor Pulled and straightened both my fingers - I actually said the B word aloud with the pain, then Steroids were injected into the Palm of my hand (which was very painful).
Since arriving home I have held in my hand a jar of Onion Chutney, jar of Horseradish Sauce, jars of Pesto, jars of pickled Onions all from the Fridge = the coldness is killing the pain.:rolleyes:
They must be very swollen.
Oh William I'm sorry your suffering. Thank god you dont type for a living.
Ive heard diabetics can get lots of finger problems.
How often do you have to have steriod injections?

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@ickihun - Hi Vicky, They are very swollen (and throbbing) as I pointed out to the Doctor = I am right handed so baffled why? the left hand?
He told me Trigger Finger is fairly common in people who have Diabetes, Thyroid Problems (so watch yourself) and those who suffer with Arthritis.
These Injections should start to work within 2 - 4 days and they will last for a month. I can have another 1 more Steriod Injection after a month if these don't have any effect.
Bang go's now all my lovely 5's for my Fastings on a morning!!!
Got finger/hand exercises to do and I will increase pain medication before bed - because these painful fingers are going to keep me awake tonight. Cannot really take (cold) jars of pickled onions to bed with me!!!!!:D

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Could be worse. You?
Toujeo300 is great. More like an oil than water based and no sting at all like other basals I've used. (In pregnancy)
Seeing dn in 2 wks time for an update. Novarapid is needed more on a morning than on an evening due to IR still heavy in my system. You?

Toujeo has been great in bringing down high glucose levels

I feel better for it Vicki

Glad to read it's having some impact for you - good girl x

spook_kate_

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
Other
@ickihun - Hi Vicky, They are very swollen (and throbbing) as I pointed out to the Doctor = I am right handed so baffled why? the left hand?
He told me Trigger Finger is fairly common in people who have Diabetes, Thyroid Problems (so watch yourself) and those who suffer with Arthritis.
These Injections should start to work within 2 - 4 days and they will last for a month. I can have another 1 more Steriod Injection after a month if these don't have any effect.
Bang go's now all my lovely 5's for my Fastings on a morning!!!
Got finger/hand exercises to do and I will increase pain medication before bed - because these painful fingers are going to keep me awake tonight. Cannot really take (cold) jars of pickled onions to bed with me!!!!!:D
Hi @Liam1955 it is one misfortune of diabetes - carpel Tunnel and trigger fingers. A few diabetics here including myself get it. Pins n needles down arms/hands and finger locking. I had surgery on my right hand which worked beautifully until my right middle finger bent and locks I can manually unlock but it's permanently bent. Helluva pain trying to let go of things when your finger gets contrary. have been on waiting list for a year and a half to get those injections. Some people here have to wait 5-8 yrs. Ridiculous

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sorry to hear about the waiting time for Steriod Injections @spook_kate_
Well this morning upon waking my fingers were 'curled' as normally are on a morning. But, they are easily manipulated into the straight position. Today however there was less pain and I am wondering are the Steroids working??:) (as some of you know on here my history with Steroids has been a waste of time!)
I still have to keep 'uncurling them' throughout the day, as they revert back to the curled position.
I am trying to use my left hand more, but feel limited with carrying items and lifting a kettle full of water. But, I will get there.:)

spook_kate_

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
Other
It's so strange, isn't it! Fingers crossed (not curled ) that the steroid works. With experience though in time you may need surgery, all the better if not. I also find grasping and holding a lot harder to do, and not as strong

Reactions: Liam1955