ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I bet he has @ickihun I've got one from 4 operations on the same area of abdomen:) not to mention the fetching scars
Oh hun I know it could be worse. My appendix ruptured so i have the scar to win trophies too. I had to have internal stiches as well as external ones. It was the shape i found funny. Swelling only on one side but no pain and only in rest. We've agreed water retention. However he was curious as to any indigestion and how frequent. I reminded him i only get indigestion when i take metformin and have stopped it due to illness last month and advised to wait to restart after sunday scan.
Hence a diuretic after scan to be started. Forearms affected too.
My body is having a problem and these symptoms are a clue but even i am unsure whats going on.
At least scan might rule out a problem. Maybe just time of year for swellings and viruses? Lets hope so.
My body is very resilient to pain. My appendix burst before i could pass out. Ive always been as strong as an ox. I dont pass out, even in horrific pain. Thats why i know i have a problem but im no doctor, i havent a clue whats causing it. I just know it started with pelvic pain which hasnt gone away. :(

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
He was still in pain last night
Depending on his liver function will any meds react better than others. Low carb detoxes liver so keep this I mind when having strict low carb and when not.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Very very tired this morning. Eyes are sore. Not out til late morning, thank god.
9yr old's best friend has that nasty lergy. Poor thing. I just remember they're bodies can cope better than mine but I still wish I could protect them from it. :(

Last edited:

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Good morning everyone, I think it's raining but can't tell because it's still pitch black up here in bonnie Scotland. Hope everyone has a good day today

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
MORNING all had the new pain patch on for nearly 24hr still no real relief from the pain not sure if had reaction to meds yesterday with flu symptoms feeling better today but still got diarrhea hopefully it's just my body flushing the old meds out of my system I mean from 21 pills a day down to 3 would be a shock to the body ?
Sending big hugs to @ickihun and @Liam1955
Occupational therapy visit went well will be getting some aids to help me get dressed and for around the house and there speaking with the social housing people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Morning all, it's another mild day today. I'm going to be playing swapsies with A today, we're expecting the new mini oven to be delivered today so I'm going to be going out this morning and he's going out this afternoon :) Sending hugs to all the poorly peeps xx

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
MORNING all had the new pain patch on for nearly 24hr still no real relief from the pain not sure if had reaction to meds yesterday with flu symptoms feeling better today but still got diarrhea hopefully it's just my body flushing the old meds out of my system I mean from 21 pills a day down to 3 would be a shock to the body ?
Sending big hugs to @ickihun and @Liam1955
Occupational therapy visit went well will be getting some aids to help me get dressed and for around the house and there speaking with the social housing people
I guess they will build your strength of med up now. Xxx
You're on the last leg of this horrific journey now Ron. This should at least give you intermittent relief. @Liam1955 knows more about what you should expect. I'm not sure if gives you painfree months or everyday will be different. Get what pain relief you can as if lergy days you'll need your strength and attention on that. Diabetes will still be there, just keep the bgs suppressed the best way you can.
My bgs are up but I'm worried about Sunday's findings. I'll ride it, I have no choice!
Keep a diary and video footage. I am as some problems are at night. I won't be calling ambulance unless I'm unconscious. I'm dreading 2017 for hospital appointments. I'm having bariatric surgery too. I might move closer to hospital, like next door. Ha ha Only joking but I know I'll be busy there, even without any heart complaint. Humf!
Keep smiling Ron. I know its been a few miserable months but lets hope - this is it!

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
I guess they will build your strength of med up now. Xxx
You're on the last leg of this horrific journey now Ron. This should at least give you intermittent relief. @Liam1955 knows more about what you should expect. I'm not sure if gives you painfree months or everyday will be different. Get what pain relief you can as if lergy days you'll need your strength and attention on that. Diabetes will still be there, just keep the bgs suppressed the best way you can.
My bgs are up but I'm worried about Sunday's findings. I'll ride it, I have no choice!
Keep a diary and video footage. I am as some problems are at night. I won't be calling ambulance unless I'm unconscious. I'm dreading 2017 for hospital appointments. I'm having bariatric surgery too. I might move closer to hospital, like next door. Ha ha Only joking but I know I'll be busy there, even without any heart complaint. Humf!
Keep smiling Ron. I know its been a few miserable months but lets hope - this is it!
Thanks Vicky it seems to be hitting us all not been a good year all round if still no better by weekend will try and see if doc can increase the strength or have to go through pain clinic but at least I'm not constipated now lol

Reactions: Liam1955

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thanks Vicky it seems to be hitting us all not been a good year all round if still no better by weekend will try and see if doc can increase the strength or have to go through pain clinic but at least I'm not constipated now lol
I bet you're a lot happier now you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. ♡♥♡
Been to nursery Christmas party. Saw santa and 3yr old got a book called 'how to find gold'. You can guess what I'll be reading later, carnt you?
In agony. I tried to bend to stroke a new puppy and I couldnt move. Locked up.
Breathing seems better as very little struggle in rest. Not having to pant so much. Fingers crossed I'm looking good for Sunday. I'll get taxi there and back so no major breathing restriction before scan. I'll be holding my breath alright! I wish it was all over and done with.

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
I bet you're a lot happier now you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. ♡
Been to nursery Christmas party. Saw santa and 3yr old got a book called 'how to find gold'. You can guess what I'll be reading later, carnt you?
In agony. I tried to bend to stroke a new puppy and I couldnt move. Locked up.
Breathing seems better as very little struggle in rest. Not having to pant so much. Fingers crossed I'm looking good for Sunday. I'll get taxi there and back so no major breathing restriction before scan. I'll be holding my breath alright! I wish it was all over and done with.
Will be thinking of you Vicky and hope it all goes well getting a little fed up of all these trips to the loo

Sent from my HTC Desire 820 using DCUK Forum mobile app

D

debrasue

Sending big hugs to @eldergarth, @ickihun and @Liam1955. You poor guys have really been through the mill this year and are still suffering, and my heart goes out to you all. Here's hoping that 2017 will bring some miracles!
xxx
o-BOY-HUGGING-DOG-570.jpg

Reactions: tina_marie

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Bless You @debrasue - you post some cute pictures and Thank You. How are you doing yourself? Better now from your recent bad cold? Hugs to You for being such a kind person. William x

Reactions: debrasue
D

debrasue

Bless You @debrasue - you post some cute pictures and Thank You. How are you doing yourself? Better now from your recent bad cold? Hugs to You for being such a kind person. William x
Yes, thanks, William - for the first time since the end of September, I feel that I'm making some improvement!
How are you this evening? xx

Reactions: Diamum5972

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@debrasue - Hi:). Seeing GP tomorrow afternoon. Will ask if a Scan would be in order? Got a Birthday to attend this Sunday 18th, but told R will not be going - and Christmas might be 'cancelled' yet? I am only going out if need to, just want to avoid getting knocked or bumped into by anybody. Oh that's Good to hear you are getting better. William x :).

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@debrasue - Hi:). Seeing GP tomorrow afternoon. Will ask if a Scan would be in order? Got a Birthday to attend this Sunday 18th, but told R will not be going - and Christmas might be 'cancelled' yet? I am only going out if need to, just want to avoid getting knocked or bumped into by anybody. Oh that's Good to hear you are getting better. William x :).
I need to wrap you in huge sheets of cotton wool, especially for the York tourists, they show no mercy. I know because i used to be one milling around and taking my mobility for granted. Ive no chance now. Sunderland is bad enough. I have to just stop and allow on coming shoppers to walk past me. Its very intimidating when your wobbly. Just wear something obvious if you can. Like huge flashing lights and a horn. Ha ha
I know how you feel mate. Luckily 3yr old just wants chocolate off santa, he told him yesterday at his nursery christmas party. (Phew! Next yr i wont be so lucky). His nana and one aunty will be making an effort for him too. Saves me carrying huge presents around town. Im scared to go on-line. I get carried away and the groceries and bills have to come first.
Christmas day will be filled with joy and unwrapping mess! Thats all most kids want, at 3yr old. 9yr old is well catered for. :)

D

debrasue

Good morning, peeps!
Beginning to get light here now. It looks damp outside, although it's not actually raining. Gloomy start to the day though.
I have a lovely, lazy day planned today. I am going to loaf about in bed with the iPad for a bit, then put a colour on my roots and have a nice, steamy shower. I have to finish a bit of signwriting for my daughter, and then I'll puddle off to my favourite local farm shop to get my mistletoe and a holly wreath for the front door. Then it's off to another farm shop for a nice cooked ham for the weekend.
I'm off to lunch with a girlfriend tomorrow, and then the family from Nottingham are coming down this weekend for a few days, so our Christmas will start here. I think I have this respiratory bug on the run at long last (2 and a half months!!!), so I'm feeling perky and really looking forward to it. I hope that's not going to prove to be famous last words!
Have a good one, everybody, and big hugs to @eldergarth, @Liam1955 @ickihun and any other poorly peeps - I hope you start to feel better soon.
xxx

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
MORNING all bit of a better night got some sleep at last new pain relief still not helping much so looks like will need dosage increased thanks @debrasue all gentle hugs greatly appreciated and great to hear that you are finally getting better just in time to enjoy Xmas

Reactions: debrasue

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Glad to hear the poorly peeps have relief in sight, I worry about you lot! My Christmas starts today, I'm going out for Christmas dinner with the other volunteers from the theatre tonight. I'm having turkey with all the low carb trimmings but I might be a little bit naughty with the dessert