Hello from Canada

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Okay... Drum roll.... 2 hours and I'm at 7.8

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
Not too bad. Another thing to consider is whether you feel hungry sooner after consuming fructose and lactose compared to something fatty or proteiny. Guess that would be difficult to measure though.

Looks like you are on the right road.

Marko723

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not too bad. Another thing to consider is whether you feel hungry sooner after consuming fructose and lactose compared to something fatty or proteiny. Guess that would be difficult to measure though.

Looks like you are on the right road.

Thanks. There quite a bit of peanut butter in it as well. I usually last between 3 and 4 hours with these smoothies. Might adjust this a bit by purchasing smaller bananas, which should lower my numbers in theory.

I also found that my numbers are lower with buttermilk vs 1% normal milk. I remembering reading some place that the acid helps. Might have to consider that in a smoothie in the future..... Although not sure if a tangy smoothie is all that appealing right now.

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
The results from my tasty and satisfying meal tonight are.
Pre 5.2.
One hour 5.6.
One and a half hours- 5.9
2 hours 4.7.
Non Diabetic results achieved by diet alone.
Cut the carbs.

Marko723

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So 2.5 up from pre?
I consider that quite bad.

Some thing I plan on working on in the long term. Right now I'm not spiking anywhere near where I was. Might look in to non-dairy milks and see what that does. On a whole, when I do have the smoothie, that's the only piece of fruit for the day. On my egg days I have an apple as a mid day snack. Probably not much different.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

You might try tweaking your smoothie with almond milk..and the odd avocado of course.